• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Forward March

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Meanwhile, worldwide readers can all appreciate the story in this volume: another fierce showdown between Shizuku and Issei that takes them on a global tour of non-European wines. The diverse material goes through Australia, South Africa, Chile, and other unexpected winemaking countries, and the descriptions are as eloquent as any work of fine literature.
Laughing Seriously? Are you saying that people in the US don't know these countries are bigger wine producing countries than all of Europe? Seriously? Laughing
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote
that's by volume, maybe not price or quality
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote
I don't know where you found that image of Gate 7 3's cover, cause it's nothing like the one I have sitting in front of me.

is the image on the front cover of my copy.
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I don't know where you found that image of Gate 7 3's cover, cause it's nothing like the one I have sitting in front of me.
Weird. I don't have a copy, but the article image matches what's shown on Amazon and RightStuf.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Having only read the first two volumes of Sailor Moon, I have to ask: does Takeuchi's artwork really improve that much? The earlier volumes don't exactly have bad artwork, but there are a few scenes that look oddly sketchy.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote
'cleaner' and more anatomically 'accurate'
when most artists first start out they dont have the time or staff to do these things so sometimes if a character ends up with big cheeks - just roll with it
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I was a bit disappointed with this volume of Sailor Moon because I thought 6 had much better storytelling than the previous volumes and was hoping to see it continue. I also felt that the Death Busters had a very strong beginning as villains but in the end the became pretty run of the mill, except of course for spoiler[Mistress 9, who of course only appears at the end of vol 7].

I'd say the art style is pretty similar throughout the books, though there is a big difference when it comes to layout if you compare Sailor Moon to Sailor V, with the former being much easier for follow.
phia_one

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Meanwhile, the romantic dialogue between Caesar and Nakaba is unconvincing in another way—all they do is spout greeting-card clichés back and forth while making googly eyes. I actually kind of miss when they hated each other.

I pretty agree agree with the entire Evidence Against section for Dawn of the Arcana #6, but the part I quoted really stuck out to me.

I really enjoyed the series until Caeser and Nakaba started getting lovely dovey. Yes, it says that Ceaser is more than just a heartless jerk at first etc., but I just feel like the whole relationship is some form of Stockholm Syndrome. It's a shame since the overall concept interested me, but I'm most likely going to drop this series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1