• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Connected

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:18 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Naruto and Goku ARE NOW AS ONE.

Are you saying that because of the Naruto article and the fact DBZ is occupying the background of ANN at the same time currently? XD

I'd squeal just as much if they released a VP3: Hrist too. When they're ever going to give her the game she rightfully deserves, only time will tell. Personally, it's something I keep hoping will be announced for the PS3 someday.

Lunar could probably use another entry instead of Silver Star getting ported to something else again. I wouldn't mind them giving the same revamp treatment to Eternal Blue. Heaven knows that game needs a revival. Silver Star has gotten milked as much as Megaman X and it's time to leave the poor creature alone.

The God and Fate Paradox: I'm not going to lie. Despite my lack of participation in Nippon Ichi's game front (I still haven't finish Phantom Brave Wii), this does look pretty good. One of the antagonists looks interesting.

Battle Robot Soul: Goody, another Super Robot Wars offshoot that won't be coming here due to too many licenses. Moving on.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection: Damn, that bust.

Thundercats: I'm in agreement about another season. I'm surprised people didn't like the new iteration. It was really well done and it was also a great excuse to wake up on Saturday morning again (along with all the other shows). I'm relieved the show was shifted to Adult Swim's lineup since I'm sure older fans would appreciate it more, and the return of Sym-Bionic Titan too.
dragon695

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:25 am Reply with quote
The week's column was dangerously Furry. In all seriousness, I love Solatorobo, the 10 years it took really shows in how great the game turned out.
Gasero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 am Reply with quote
The character models in the Cyberconnect games are so beautiful that I would not mind if they made movies based on them all the time. Might even been cool to see some episodes of Naruto made that way (or even a full anime series).

Why'd they have to go and scare the Zone of the Enders box art with that egregious MGSR label?

Quote:
The Naruto manga and anime involve all sorts of elaborate attacks. Which one was the hardest to put in the game?

It differs with each title, but one that stands out is Itachi's Tsukuyomi, or any other hallucinatory jutsu. Those attacks work by making the opponent hallucinate certain scenes, and that requires the development team to recreate those scenes and then return to the main game.

It would be pretty funny if a genjutsu (mind) attack doesn't actually change the screen but shows both characters on screen standing still.
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:

Lunar could probably use another entry instead of Silver Star getting ported to something else again. I wouldn't mind them giving the same revamp treatment to Eternal Blue. Heaven knows that game needs a revival. Silver Star has gotten milked as much as Megaman X and it's time to leave the poor creature alone.

I agree on both fronts - first that we need either a new Lunar game (that isn't Dragon Song) or even just a revamp of Eternal Blue, and second that Silver Star needs to be given a vacation...or *else* when they do an overhaul of the game, they need to stop replacing the entire cast. In my honest opinion the voice cast for the PSP revamp was nowhere near as good as the one from the PS1 release. I'm sure licensing had something to do with the need to recast it, because almost every single one of the original VAs for that game are no longer in the business, but nevertheless the two just don't match up. Though I will admit that I appreciate the extra content put into the PSP re-release.

Still, let's let Silver Star take a nap for awhile and focus on its successor, Eternal Blue. It's just as compelling a story, and worthy to follow in Silver Star's footsteps. But you know what *else* it needs? A sequel. I think enough time has gone by now that a sequel to both would not be amiss. We got Dragon Song back in 2005, but it wasn't a sequel - it was a prequel, and a lackluster one at best. What I'm looking for is a Lunar revival that involves a continuation of Silver Star and Eternal Blue, with nods to the original characters all over the place that'll put foolish grins on our faces as he realize "Hey...I *know* what they're talking about!" That, I think, is precisely what Lunar needs.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote
The MSRP for Zone of the Enders HD Collection is actually $39.99. The Limited Edition is $59.99 while you can still pre-order it. From my experience with Limited Editions of Kojima's games, pre-order now or regret it later.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote
re: ending franchises: I'd rather Yoshio Sakamoto quit Metroid forever than Metroid quit on such a sour note. And my life will never be complete until Chrono Break becomes a reality.

On the other hand, maybe it's time for Metal Gear Solid to go while it still has even an ounce of integrity left (yeah, right). And Zelda needs to either change hands or take an extended vacation. Not that either of these things are going to happen any time soon, given sales figures.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runners was a really good game despite feeling a bit repetitive with all those fights. I don't recommend anyone to see the complete intro sequence with the song before playing the game (it actually shows you part of the ending! Laughing ) The voice acting was kind of good and bad with Dingo's actor something acting very casual when something important was going on ("Is that you Viola?").
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Legit Disgaea sequel, alright. Plus the God game looks awesome, just hope its a disc release and not a downloadable, both NIS and Atlus have been doing too many download only recently.

Whats the status on Tokitowa while we are at it?
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:41 am Reply with quote
Okami HD and Assassin's Creed III next week. :3 I'm so happeh~
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:07 am Reply with quote
Besides the mentioning of Corpse Party discount and its continuation coming soon, here's something related...

No mention of Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward...For shame. v_v
naninanino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:42 am Reply with quote
Finally, the ZoE collection. Now someone make a Panzer Dragoon collection. I want to play Orta.
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
NeoStrayCat wrote:
Besides the mentioning of Corpse Party discount and its continuation coming soon, here's something related...

No mention of Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward...For shame. v_v

Got this on the VITA...

Have not played yet because I'm still scrambling around to get 999's true ending.

lol

(should be done by tonight)

Also, Style-Savvy: Trendsetters came out this week...

(I think my Gamestop is getting it today)

I know nothing of the game, but silicon era article where people described it as an RPG where your enemies are the customers made the game sound really really hype.

Cancelled my pre-order for PS All-Stars then and there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1