• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, Polycell. Now I wait to see if it's as impressive as the photos make it out to be.
victor viper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote
chefneer wrote:
Question: This figure is about 160mm tall, a little more than 6in. Is that normal for figma's? I somehow had the impression that they were taller than that.

Generally, Figmas are approximately 1/12 scale. 5500 yen seems to be a reasonable price (AmiAmi currently has a pre-owned one for 6370 yen). I only own a few Figmas but they're usually pretty well-made.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Guys! The exchange rate has hit 80:1. Buy everything you've ever wanted while you can.

I also just paid for my Stocking and Menma from Alter, so that's cool, too. Only figure I have for the rest of the year is Ultimate Madoka and I'm hoping we can maybe, possibly, hopefully hit about 85:1. If it's not too much, of course.

After that it's time to save up for the overpriced Alter Panty on the secondary market. Seriously, the cheapest I've seen at Mandarake is 10000, which is ridiculous. It's also a little shocking since I thought Stocking was the popular one, and I've seen her popping up for 7000.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quote
My figure budget for the month is shot. Besides, it's not like Paypal would give me 80:1. 78:1 if I'm lucky. And I've already paid for my monthly figure bill plus with other expenses I just don't have the money to buy up figures right now. I do hope this trend continues though so I can save on the Ultimate Madoka as well. It would also help with my new stance of only buying GSC and Alter figures since they're among the more expensive figure makers.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I received my financial aid payment about two weeks ago and didn't feel the need to cash it in at the bank. Today, I decided to deposit it and go spend some money. I’m a total newbie when it comes to figurine collecting so I’ll probably suffer a lot from my initial purchases. I’ve learned quite a lot from lurking this thread, though.

Anyways, I've pre-ordered three figurines from AmiAmi; they may be somewhat NSFW since they're all swimsuit figurines:

Inia from Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse is being released sometime in late November, Neito from Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere is being released late December, and Yuuko from Dusk Maiden of Amnesia will be released in January 2013. It'll be quite some time before they arrive here in the States.

My order for Cryska is being processed right now. She was on backorder but AmiAmi managed to obtain one for me. I would have forgotten to process my payment if I didn’t check my orders a few hours ago. I really wanted the Inia version of the figurine but apparently it sold out but the one I preordered seems better.
I estimated the cost of all four of these figurines to be about maybe $260 without shipping. It might be around $308 with SAL registered shipping but that seems like a fair price to pay. It’s a shame I don’t have any decent shelves for these figurines so they’ll forever be in their plastic prisons until I ask my dad to build one for me or if I ever find space in my room. My Gunpla are collecting dust and I don’t want that to happen to the figurines.

On an unrelated note, I received my NSFW body pillow and pillow case NSFW a few weeks ago! Very Happy I introduced it to my older sister and mom whom both laughed hysterically when they saw it. It was pretty funny to see their reactions.

I'll make an update when my Cryska figurine arrives.
victor viper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:56 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:

My order for Cryska is being processed right now. She was on backorder but AmiAmi managed to obtain one for me. I would have forgotten to process my payment if I didn’t check my orders a few hours ago. I really wanted the Inia version of the figurine but apparently it sold out but the one I preordered seems better.

Not to further strain your wallet or anything, but right now Amazon has that Koto Inia for $47.49 and free shipping to boot.

I've been kicking around the idea of pre-ordering the Skytube/AlphaMax Inia for a while. I generally have a policy of not buying figures from shows that I've never watched but I've bent that policy before. The combination of the swimsuit and that huge rifle is tempting, though. However, if I pick up Inia then I'd almost certainly have to also get the corresponding Cryska to pair her with.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
My Stocking from Alter arrived today, and I LOVE IT!

When I had to pay for it, I was a little surprised it plus Menma cost 4280 to ship. I thought it might have been because of Menma's big base, but it's actually because Stocking weighs about 100 lbs, and about 98 of it is her hair. It's worth it, though, since the hair, despite being huge and wavy, is excellent; I especially love how it's one piece instead of two glued together. It gives me great hope for Scanty since her hair is wild.

And here's a general picture of my PSG figures excluding my strippers, which are on my DVD shelf:

I totally need to get Panty. I also totally need to save up a shitload of money because second hand prices are crazy (10000), but it'll be worth it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:08 pm Reply with quote
That tissue box cover is pretty much awesome Smile
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Part 1 of stuff I received in October* :
Tiger & Bunny Half Age Character vol.2 figures (set of 8) from Hobby Search:

I'm surprised to say this but I think Taibani's Kotetsu & Barnaby might be sneaking up on JoJo's Jotaro for "character most represented in my collection" at this point (goes to check MFC). Well, not quite yet (9 & 8, versus 11 respectively) but when taking preorders into consideration it'll be more like 12 (16 if you count power suit versions) within a few months, so it's not lookin' good for Jotaro. At least, not until the JoJo's anime catches up and maybe they start crankin' out more figures for Part 3. *crosses fingers*

And a Pinky St. figure I picked up for cheap and tossed in with an AmiAmi order:

She's my first Pinky St. set (1 head, two bodies/outfits) and she's really cute. I can see the appeal in these inexpensive little figures (for anyone who's not familiar, their heads/torsos/legs are all interchangeable so you can assemble whatever sort of character you like from your sets). I'll probably buy more here & there as long as I can throw them in with another order (like I need another thing to collect).

*I have about 4 figures still sitting here unopened and a few more on the way but you see, Faith happened the last few months and I've quite literally spent all my spare time watching/discussing/screencapping/tumblring this awesome show. No time to open boxes! Anime hyper Now that it's finished airing though it's time to come down from my delirious fangirl high and start catching up...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I think I've bitched about this before, but I'll do it again: umm, why aren't there like a bajillion Fairy Tail figures? It's a bona fide franchise with character designs absolutely ripe for exploitation, yet my quick Google search failed to yield evidence of a single PVC figure. Does not compute.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
According to MFC there's been 5 so far, though one is a prototype for a Lucy by GSC. That Erza by SEGA is nice.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that Erza is awesome. Too bad I can't seem to find one for sale. Crying or Very sad Anyway, my point still stands: I'm baffled why there aren't more FT figures produced.
Tetsuryu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Well, I got these die cast robots...

The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quote
I think I now know exactly how you're feeling, Blood. I'm watching Horizon right now, and I'm halfway through the second season and the only thing I can think about is having a Kimi figure. Unfortunately, and very, very surprisingly, the figure pickins are slim for this juggernaut. Even slimmer are the Kimi figures. Even slimmer are the not provocative Kimi ones, since those don't exist. I'm a little bummed that all of the promotional art and merchandise for the show are a lot more sexual than the show itself is. I guess I also now know how Mesonoxian Eve feels.

@Tetsuryu
Those are boss.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote
One thing I have learned firsthand from buying figures: expect delays. Of course, this thread has a few users which have expressed their annoyance with delays.

Fault!! Date Wingfield Reiko
October 2012 delayed to November 2012
NSFW Link. NSFW

Ultimate Madoka
November 2012 delayed to December 2012
Link.

In other news, if you did not know, Gertrud Barkhorn - 1/8 (Alter), is going to be re-released. She is currently available for pre-order.

Gertrud Barkhorn - 1/8 (Alter)
Link 1. Link 2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 86 of 111