• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Announcements at London MCM Expo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quote
I read on the UKAnime Twitter that Tiger & Bunny was announced to be out in February...reading so many conflicting things...

Also, MangaUK should just give up on the Conqueror of Shamballa bluray. It's a direct sequel to the 2003 anime that was released here on DVD ages ago by Revelation. No point releasing it unless they also rerelease the main series.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls heh heh really? LOL. That is both surprising and welcome. Wink
fathomlessblue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote
This is at least a vast improvement on yesterday’s announcements, even if there's still a fair amount of crap (Bakuman & Aria the Scarlet Ammo... really?).

I'll definitely pick up Children who Chase Lost Voices, Jormungand, Penguindrum & Un-Go. Break Blade, Space Pirates, Kids on the Slope, Tiger/Bunny, Mirai Nikki & Ga-Rei: Zero are also fine, if all a little too inconsistent to be essential for me.

I think Kaze seems to be putting the most effort into bring out interesting titles, while MVM also has a few good shows in their list. Manga Entertainment comes off in a far less positive note, personally speaking. Outside of sure-fire hits like Hosada’s movies, most of their releases are just dumb action/gore shows. Jormungand is pretty good, & King of Thorn is ok, but there’s little else of worth. Guess I’m just outside their core-demographic.
Tennotsukai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Looks interesting. Surprised
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:00 am Reply with quote
fathomlessblue wrote:

Outside of sure-fire hits like Hosada’s movies, most of their releases are just dumb action/gore shows. Jormungand is pretty good, & King of Thorn is ok, but there’s little else of worth. Guess I’m just outside their core-demographic.

That's how Manga Ent. have always been though. They've made there business picking up those sorts of titles from the very beginning.
elscar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:33 am Reply with quote
it's a shame most of these won't get blu-ray releases and i'll end up importing them, some good license pickups though!
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:11 am Reply with quote
Does anyone not import? Wink

I'll be getting K and Voices of Agartha at least.
Hans Misra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Does this mean there will be a second season of Yumekui Merry (Dream Eater Merry)? Or is this for a blur ray disc. Please tell me. I now have my hopes up, and I desperately need a season 2 to Dream Eater Merry! Thanks Very Happy
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
The existing series of Yumekui Merry has been picked up. No second season has been picked up because it does not exist and I've heard nothing about anything being planned.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1