• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gamers Ikebukuro Closing -nyo

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote
10 points to the staff member who wrote this up for having a sense of humor.

Now, the main store is in Akihabara, right? So while this isn't by any means good, it's not the end of the world.......yet.
redline

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Broccoli's Financial Year 2005 does not close until February 2006, to speak of this in the completed past-tense sense is incorrect because we won't know the final numbers until after the books are closed. Also your figures for the forecasted deficit are pretty old, The width of the deficit in net profit terms was revised in the middle of January from 931 million yen to 1 billion 365 million yen.
mrgazpacho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:

Now, the main store is in Akihabara, right? So while this isn't by any means good, it's not the end of the world.......yet.

-nyo Laughing

At one stage, they had *2*stores in Akihabara, but last time I looked they had reverted to having only the original one near the station.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:42 pm Reply with quote
i don't get the joke.
Azumangaman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I believe it's because in DiGi Charat they say Nyo! a lot. Either way, It's rather dry.
W-General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I still remember the days back in 2001/2002 when Gamer had one near the Akiba station, and a "Main Store," that's seven floors (with a nice cafe on 7F) tall. It's that one with a huge Dejiko picture at the top....

But it's all history.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:50 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:

Not sure, but I think it was dormcat. He told me about it a few days ago saying "Nyo" after every sentence.

v1cious wrote:
i don't get the joke.
Azumangaman wrote:
I believe it's because in DiGi Charat they say Nyo! a lot. Either way, It's rather dry.

"Nyo" is the sound a cat makes. In Di Gi Charat all of the characters from Planet Di Gi Charat say something after they're finished speaking. Dejiko says Nyo, Puchiko says Nyu, Piyoko says Pyo, and Gema says Gema. More humorous if you've actually seen the show.

W-General wrote:
I still remember the days back in 2001/2002 when Gamer had one near the Akiba station, and a "Main Store," that's seven floors (with a nice cafe on 7F) tall. It's that one with a huge Dejiko picture at the top....

But it's all history.

You made it sound like the store isn't there anymore. The store's still there and it's still seven floors. It doesn't have a cafe on top anymore though.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:53 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Joe Mello wrote:

Not sure, but I think it was dormcat. He told me about it a few days ago saying "Nyo" after every sentence.

I wrote a draft, then tempest rewrote it into a news with a much more professional look. Anime catgrin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
InsaneLampshade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:43 am Reply with quote
mrgazpacho wrote:
At one stage, they had *2*stores in Akihabara, but last time I looked they had reverted to having only the original one near the station.

...so that was why i could only find 1 store when i was walking around Akihabara in my holiday last year, lol.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:07 am Reply with quote
redline wrote:
The width of the deficit in net profit terms was revised in the middle of January from 931 million yen to 1 billion 365 million yen.

Thanks Jonah, I'll correct that.

-t
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:23 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
I wrote a draft, then tempest rewrote it into a news with a much more professional look. Anime catgrin

Your draft was very professional and could have been posted almost as is. The only necessarry change was the unintentional editorial that I pointed out to you.

The other differences merely reflect my difference in writing style.

Joe Mello wrote:

Dormcat posted about the news in the staff forum with the -nyo in the title. I decided to keep it.

-t
Dejiko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:39 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
You made it sound like the store isn't there anymore. The store's still there and it's still seven floors. It doesn't have a cafe on top anymore though.

I was there in december 2004 and the store was definately gone by then, no mistake. I'm curious about when you saw it there again?
Shiba-Kun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Dejiko wrote:
PantsGoblin wrote:

I was there in december 2004 and the store was definately gone by then, no mistake. I'm curious about when you saw it there again?

Maybe somebody can correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think he's confused it with the Animate store that's on the same side of the street as the Toyota Amlux building, and across from Sunshine 60?
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Shiba-Kun wrote:
Dejiko wrote:
PantsGoblin wrote:

Maybe somebody can correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think he's confused it with the Animate store that's on the same side of the street as the Toyota Amlux building, and across from Sunshine 60?

I'm talking about the Gamers right off of the Akiba station. It's there, it exists. It's seven floors but no cafe on top. I was inside of the store in September (2005). When he was talking he made it sound like both stores were gone though.
Dejiko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:33 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
I'm talking about the Gamers right off of the Akiba station. It's there, it exists. It's seven floors but no cafe on top.

Ah, OK... I thought this was about the one on Chuo Dori with the large Dejiko sign on it. Their store near the station is indeed still there.

ANS mudslinging again?
Quote:
Broccoli reports it's temporarily closing its Gamers store in Ikebukuro as of January 15th after 9 years of operation. Our source on this news, Anime News Network incorrectly states the company suffered a 903 million yen deficit in 2005, compared to 20 million yen of expected positive cash flow. Broccoli's Financial Year 2005 does not close until February 2006, to speak of this in the completed past-tense sense is not proper because we won't know the final numbers until after the books are closed. Also, the figures for the forecasted deficit in net profit terms were revised in the middle of January from 931 million yen to 1 billion 365 million yen.

By the way Redline, just curious, but what is your link to ANS? You wouldn't happen to be Jonah? Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2