• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Green Green Licensed by Media Blasters

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nebs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Well how about that. Hell has frozen over.

I hope they do the Character OVAs as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:30 pm Reply with quote
This should be an interesting release.

I've had these old avi files forever.
Hajime06

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:56 pm Reply with quote
What a terrible anime to license when great anime like Beck and Maria-sama ga Miteru are unlicensed.
Riza|Hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:42 pm Reply with quote
BECK is "sort of" licensed to funi
check the whois of beckanime.com
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Hajime06 wrote:
What a terrible anime to license when great anime like Beck and Maria-sama ga Miteru are unlicensed.

Obviously, they are hoping ecchi and hentai will make them a quick buck. Rolling Eyes

But this is Media Blasters we are talking about, and their name doesn't make me think "quality."
Riza|Hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:43 pm Reply with quote
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
Hajime06 wrote:

Obviously, they are hoping ecchi and hentai will make them a quick buck. Rolling Eyes

But this is Media Blasters we are talking about, and their name doesn't make me think "quality."

are you insane? MB/AW has done a fantastic job in 2005 with Grenadier, Genshiken and Ah My Goddess!
maybe more, but thats all i bought from them in 2005
afnj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I must be in the minority but I'm looking forward to this.
Hajime06

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Funi buys domain names for anime they think they will license or know will become popular and can sell it later. The Prince of Tennis site is a fine example of this. So until it is formally announced or they send out C and D orders, that evidence is useless.
Faceman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote
I shudder thinking about having watched this show. I wonder where exactly though they'll be able to sell these ecchi/hentai (the ovas if done too). Suncoasts and Media Plays are closing, Best Buy tends to stay away from those type of things (at least in my area).

But on that note, I've noticed several Best Buys have been carrying Kite - the edition with a T-shirt. But from what I saw the package wasn't labeled "Adult Only" - even though the cover art suggested it. I can't wait to hear about some mother crying to the news that anime her son bought at a BB tainted him and anime should all be boycotted.
evilnekohilda

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:04 pm Reply with quote
There are two versions, both with different shirts. One is the cut, the other is the hentai version. It was probably the cut version you saw, or BB messed up XD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:23 am Reply with quote
I actually thought Green Green was a fun little show. It's no Kimi nozo, but it's good for what it is. There are far worse out there, some even overrated. At least it's not the first OAV.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Patmos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Media -Blasters is crazy quality especially considering how small they are compared to the Geneons and Funimations, think about Kenshin, and Berserk, what about how they handled Invader Zim with all the art and commentaries that was serious quality, PLUS the wood box set for Kyo and the eye of Vogler boxest for Giant Robo are at the top of my shelf.!
Ranma824

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this too (although my g/f is the one that's seen the entire thing). I've only seen the censored version; so I'm assuming (crossing fingers) that MB is getting the uncensored version.

Plus with the price that TRSI is listing, it'll probably be a sub-only release; which is fine by me (a good show to balance their Sukisho sub-only release).
cubs2084

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. Green Green is total trash. What's Media Blasters thinking? And how does something like this get licensed when there are numerous great series that don't even get a sniff?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Riza|Hawkeye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:46 pm Reply with quote
nope, its a full sub & dub release...
i hope they also announce an artbox... that would be cool
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2