• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Kiichi and the Magic Books

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Sigh, fiiiiiine, I'll add yet another (probably getting hard to find) CMX title to my to-buy list.....
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
It does sound like one interesting story.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:

After I read the first four books I couldn't locate the fifth one for awhile, and it really ticked me off not knowing what happened at the ending. That's the highest recommendation I can make about any manga.

I really enjoyed the fifth book, probably one of my favourite 'final volumes' out there. It has plenty of action (I love the part with the melting bird), emotion (the making of the trees made my eyes all wet) and the author certainly knows how to make trees look awesome.

wandering-dreamer wrote:
Sigh, fiiiiiine, I'll add yet another (probably getting hard to find) CMX title to my to-buy list.....

If you like Natsume's Book of Friends, this should be right down your alley.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote
Tamaria wrote:

wandering-dreamer wrote:

If you like Natsume's Book of Friends, this should be right down your alley.

...oh goddammit I do. xD I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I like pretty much anything CMX put out by now.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 am Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:

My exact response. Anime hyper

I'm intrigued now. We'll see when I actually get around to buying it though. Damn "To Buy" list just keeps growing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:16 am Reply with quote
Kiichi is a great series. It's definitely one of the better CMX titles out there. It's a slow moving series though.

I agree about the Natsume's Book of Friends comparison. Excellent excellent read. I like Mototaro's ability to bring forth or draw from the books. Its a little gem of a series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:32 am Reply with quote
Darn it; now I have another manga to look for!! Shocked

I wish more CMX titles were rescued so I wouldn't have to go digging through the dark edges of the Internet or conventions to find a good manga to read.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I've never heard of "Kiichi and the Magic Books" before now. As a book lover myself,I would have liked this title. It breaks my heart that books are disappearing. I like them and wish they could stay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1