• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam Unicorn Vol. 6 & 7 Here in the U.S.?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vcmusik

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Any guess as to the fate of these volumes, and whether they'll be released here?

I know that Bandai Visual USA / Honneamise is separate from Bandai-Entertainment, but seeing as it's a Gundam title made by Sunrise, I don't foresee them handing it off to another company for a rescue. Here's to hoping TRSI can release it directly.
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote
My understanding (take with some salt) is that the Blu-Rays are being handled by Bandai directly and so we should still see those. But the DVD releases were Bandai USA and so there may not be any more of those.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
My understanding (take with some salt) is that the Blu-Rays are being handled by Bandai directly and so we should still see those. But the DVD releases were Bandai USA and so there may not be any more of those.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. Even if it's not available states-side it should still be importable. The real question is will I have to pay the $70 import price or the much cheaper $40 domestic Rightstuf price from now on? Here's hoping for the latter and not the former, but I'd probably buy it either way if was some type of English option on the disc.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:37 pm Reply with quote
vcmusik wrote:
Any guess as to the fate of these volumes, and whether they'll be released here?

Assuming that you are referring to the Blu-ray release, I don't see why not. Vol.5 was released after all. Vol.6 is currently getting dubbed in English (not sure how far).
Quote:
I know that Bandai Visual USA / Honneamise is separate from Bandai-Entertainment, but seeing as it's a Gundam title made by Sunrise, I don't foresee them handing it off to another company for a rescue. Here's to hoping TRSI can release it directly.

The release is handled by Bandia Visual Japan. Bandai Visual USA doesn't exist anymore. They were long gone before Gundam Unicorn. RightStuf.com will likely be the main online retailer that carries the future volumes (they probably won't list it until early 2013 though).
lem

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I actually enjoyed both versions of Vol 1 thru 5 on blu and would like to have the English version on the Volume 6 blu that I pre-ordered in October.

According to the product info listed as of this posting March 22 2013 is the release date, and there's an English subtitle option and English audio is also included.*

*But this is Amazon we're talking about, so I'll only believe that to be true once I physically have it and view it for myself.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/機動戦士ガンダムUC-MOBILE-SUIT-GUNDAM-Blu-ray/dp/B009SF7GMI/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1352409811&sr=1-1

Before any shipping costs are added, the current pre-order price is listed at ¥ 4,445 or $55.98 in USD.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quote
lem wrote:
According to the product info listed as of this posting March 22 2013 is the release date, and there's an English subtitle option and English audio is also included.*

*But this is Amazon we're talking about, so I'll only believe that to be true once I physically have it and view it for myself.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/機動戦士ガンダムUC-MOBILE-SUIT-GUNDAM-Blu-ray/dp/B009SF7GMI/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1352409811&sr=1-1

Before any shipping costs are added, the current pre-order price is listed at ¥ 4,445 or $55.98 in USD.

Vol.6 release is already confirmed by Bandai Visual Japan. Language specs include Japanese/English audio and English subtitles (along with many other subs). The URL you listed is the standard edition. There is also the LE.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1