• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Forum only for Japanese games?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:26 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know a UK or at least English language forum only for import and doujin Japanese games?

I'm fed up of wading through gaming news sites full of news about the Western industry, or about how whats going on in Japan will affect the Western industry and non-importers (who cares?).

And I can't stand gamer culture or fanboyism either, they're a turn off on the forums.

If Japanese games are actually as far from Western games as anime is from Disney, how come I can't find a gaming forum only for we Wapanese?
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:03 am Reply with quote
you had me till the last word.
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:48 am Reply with quote
Its still a fact that there's no such forum or news site (well, not as far as I know) - a games site thats aimed at Western otaku but covering the Japanese scene and industry, with Western licencing included only as an afterthought because most of us can't understand much Nihongo - after all most fans of J-games import from Play-Asia anyway.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote
faintsmile1992 wrote:
Its still a fact that there's no such forum or news site (well, not as far as I know) - a games site thats aimed at Western otaku but covering the Japanese scene and industry, with Western licencing included only as an afterthought because most of us can't understand much Nihongo - after all most fans of J-games import from Play-Asia anyway.

why not do what I'm doing redirect your energy that you're using to complain about situation and learn some Nihongo.
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:56 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping someone will see this and create such a site for me lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1