• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Okami HD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:56 am Reply with quote
Does anyone here know when Okami HD will be released via physical PS3 disc in USA?

I can't buy anything from PSN/PlayStation Store sadly...
Kurohei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:16 am Reply with quote
To my knowledge it'll only be a psn game. I know, I'm disappointed too. I prefer owning a physical copy of my games...
boredandlazy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:27 am Reply with quote
Bayonetta's better than Okami?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:01 am Reply with quote
Actually, if you import the Asian/Hong Kong release of the game, there is English language support assuming your PS3 is set to English (sadly how many games treat their language select).

It would be on a disc and have a booklet and all...

According to GameFAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/674775-okami-hd/64497653

It still has a relatively large install though, read that thread above.
Still it looks like the PS2 (Avoid Europe - It's missing bonuses apparently) and Wii (JP has credits) releases are the best. >_>
daveriley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:07 am Reply with quote
Yeah, if you buy the Asian Bluray you are essentially paying for a disc that holds the download's install, not a disc-based game. But it's available if you want a physical copy.

The packing is very nice, however.
boredandlazy wrote:
I consider Bayonetta to be just about the best game of this generation.

(thouuuuuugh in a pinch I'd probably pick Valkyria Chronicles)
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quote
Baby Naruto wrote:
Does anyone here know when Okami HD will be released via physical PS3 disc in USA?

I can't buy anything from PSN/PlayStation Store sadly...

It won't be. It was only released that way in Japan since they have an aversion to digital distribution that the West doesn't have, and its more popular there.
Altacia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Too bad no limited edition here...

The Snow globe that came with it in Japan was so pretty.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quote
daveriley wrote:
Yeah, if you buy the Asian Bluray you are essentially paying for a disc that holds the download's install, not a disc-based game. But it's available if you want a physical copy.

The packing is very nice, however.
boredandlazy wrote:
I consider Bayonetta to be just about the best game of this generation.

(thouuuuuugh in a pinch I'd probably pick Valkyria Chronicles)

Fortunately, Okami is the best game on the last generation already. >_>

Valkyria Chronicles and Bayonetta are definitely stand out games of the generation, the former being my favourite of the generation for sure.
Bob from Accounting

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
You've lived a pretty charmed life if Okami is the "worst" thing you've ever made. So it is for Hideki Kamiya, whose other games (Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 2, Bayonetta, and Viewtiful Joe) could comprise their own best-of list for the past fifteen years.

Whaaaaaa?

The only game on that list that can compete is Viewtiful Joe. Bayonetta is cool, though. Resi 2? Pffft.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Now, the most popular videogames feature badasses named "Marcus Fenix" and "Ghost" wearing balaclavas and bandanas and ski masks with skulls on them and blowing up stuff while shouting "Tango Down!" and "Danger Close!" Everyone in these games is very serious, if not angst-riddled, about "getting the job done" and the context around them is very "extreme!"

This is a pretty good indication of the typical mindset of gamers today. Rolling Eyes
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:38 pm Reply with quote
I wanted to play and love this game so bad. I bought it on wii, and for the love of god the controls were just unplayable. The wiimote and sensor just refused to have circles count as circles, and when you have to do the same thing for an hour until the game recognizes what you are trying to do just to advance the game, I call that broken. I got maybe a third of the way through the game before I just had to call it quits.

And FINALLY! it is re-released in hd on ps3... I can't wait to play you, Okami.
Northlander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
I can't say how the Wii version is to play, having never tried it, but my God, the game was magnificent on PS2. I'm a little envious of PS3 owners right now.
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:13 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
I wanted to play and love this game so bad. I bought it on wii, and for the love of god the controls were just unplayable. The wiimote and sensor just refused to have circles count as circles, and when you have to do the same thing for an hour until the game recognizes what you are trying to do just to advance the game, I call that broken. I got maybe a third of the way through the game before I just had to call it quits.

And FINALLY! it is re-released in hd on ps3... I can't wait to play you, Okami.

I had played the PS2 version and gotten all the beads. Then the disc was broken by a friend.
So I got the Wii version. And I tried. I really did. I made it to the end, and then the blockhead... I just... no. I gave up right before the final boss. I hated the controls...

But hey. I'm so much better with Japanese now than I was when the PS2 version came out. I'm getting the Japanese version this time, for sure. I can grab the physical copy before I leave Japan.
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:
I can't say how the Wii version is to play, having never tried it, but my God, the game was magnificent on PS2. I'm a little envious of PS3 owners right now.

Game was mega ass on the Wii.

(which is strange given that I thought RE4 benefitted greatly from the Wii-mote)

I need to get a new PS3 Hard Drive so I can do this.

EDIT:

Also, Revengeance will probably be Platinum's best game.

I've had so much fun with the demo that came with ZOE (in fact, I've probably played the demo more than ZOE itself... lol).
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Quote:
Now, the most popular videogames feature badasses named "Marcus Fenix" and "Ghost" wearing balaclavas and bandanas and ski masks with skulls on them and blowing up stuff while shouting "Tango Down!" and "Danger Close!" Everyone in these games is very serious, if not angst-riddled, about "getting the job done" and the context around them is very "extreme!"

This is a pretty good indication of the typical mindset of gamers today. Rolling Eyes

Not in the least. Some of the big name games out there, sure, but overall this sort of thing is not nearly as prevalent in modern gaming as it is made out to be. It's just another instance of a few major market games defining an audience to some when that isn't the case (just like how some people equate Sailor Moon and Dragonball to represent anime in general). I'm big in to gaming and have a large collection of old school and modern games (largely PC on Steam) and very few, if any, are like this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1