• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AKB48 Song in Wreck-It-Ralph

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I went to see the American anime movie Wreck-It-Ralph on its debut a couple of weeks ago (good movie, BTW, which I highly recommend for any who spent serious time in arcades in their youths) and noticed with interest that the second song backing the closing credits was an unheralded AKB48 song - yes, even sung in Japanese. Seemed to fit pretty well, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I've been told that the movie is actually titled Sugar Rush in Japan, which makes me wonder if AKB48 struck some sort of special deal regarding the film. It's a painfully catchy song (and now it's going to be in my head for the rest of the day, curse you!).
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote
As a Disneyphile myself, I really want to see this movie (mainly because of the video game and anime references in that movie). I just hope that the success of this movie will encourage Disney to do more ambitious projects in the future, either traditionally animated or CGI.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I went to see the American anime movie Wreck-It-Ralph on its debut a couple of weeks ago (good movie, BTW, which I highly recommend for any who spent serious time in arcades in their youths) and noticed with interest that the second song backing the closing credits was an unheralded AKB48 song - yes, even sung in Japanese. Seemed to fit pretty well, too.

Haven't got chance to see the movie, but kinda odd for Disney to have AKB48 song in it even for an American audience. What's next, Dreamwork Animation to use Girl's Generation song??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote
It is a very good movie, I greatly enjoyed it. Nice to see the Sugar Rush song in it.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I saw "Wreck-It-Ralph" myself,and I enjoyed it. I also heard the song "Sugar Rush" from AKB48. It was great as well. They also had video game villains such as Bison and the Pac-Man ghosts. It's one of Pixar's best films and I thought that it was appropriate that this was done in computer animation. It fit in very well.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:06 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
It's one of Pixar's best films.

Sorry but Walt Disney Animation Studio's did the CGI animation (I just saw the series today); you can tell because the Steamboat Willie short in the beginning was 8-bit/16-bit stylized. Had it been Pixar, then you would have seen the lamp in the beginnig.

I thought the film was fun; best part was sitting with my six gamer friends who kept pointing out almost every single arcade/video game references we could find. ^__^

Not a huge AKB48 fan but I liked the Sugar Rush song; perfect fit for the cavity-inducing, bubblegum pop flavor of the racing game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1