• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ignatz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:41 am Reply with quote
@nbahn
@larinon
@Key
@4750G
@DuskyPredator
Wow, what a nice forum. Thank you all for your answers. Didn't even expect that much. Smile
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:55 am Reply with quote
hyojodoji wrote:
Calathan wrote:
I was just watching omake shorts for True Tears (which weren't included on the U.S. release)....

1. Oh My Goddess!: The Adventures of Mini-Goddess
2. Infinite Ryvius Light
3. D.C.S.S. (Da Capo Second Season)
4. Di Gi Charat Nyo!
7. Petit Eva

Thanks!
Cyberblade

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:55 am Reply with quote
[quote="DuskyPredator"]I think you can watch both as there is actually a rather big diffirence in story, I might even say that the series plays off a part from the OVA. Now you will know about the connections some characters have, but it is not ecactly a well intended secret, might even help to know this.

I eatched the OVA first and found it good, but I am a really big fan of the series and encourage you to watch the OVA, and then the series, I think the BRS TV series is pretty awesome.[/quote]

Thanks alot =)

Finally I can start watch Black★Rock Shooter =)
tacfarinas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I took these screenshots from a commercial that played
while I was watching "The Book of Bantorra"

Anyone know the name of it?

Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I have another question about "Justy Wind" and it's about that clip I told everyone about. Why are the American superheroines evil? The point of being a superhero or heroine is to be a good guy or gal. Why did they make the American superheroines evil? It makes no sense to me.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote
@Lothario_Hermes

I think that's The Skull Man
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I have another question about "Justy Wind" and it's about that clip I told everyone about. Why are the American superheroines evil? The point of being a superhero or heroine is to be a good guy or gal. Why did they make the American superheroines evil? It makes no sense to me.

How about asking the production company about it for yourself?

http://www.akiba-heroine.com/inquiry/

markcounselor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:49 am Reply with quote
I watched an anime a few months back don't remember if it was on hulu crunchyroll funimation or netflix but I wanted to re-watch it and I can't remember the name of it and searching through descriptions I couldn't immediately find it. I was curious if anyone would know the name of it.

Its about a young female vampire that bites a guy and expects him to fall under her immediate control but he ends up not and the guy lives with his grandfather who works in a curio/antique shop. And i might be getting my animes confused here but if I'm remembering the correct one the guy also ends up being this really strong physic that had had his powers sealed off as a kid because he kept seeing things that he couldn't control seeing at that young of an age.

Any help identifying this anime would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance Smile
murph76

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote
That's MoonPhase.
markcounselor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote
Thank you so much Murph Smile
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
markcounselor wrote:
And i might be getting my animes confused here but if I'm remembering the correct one the guy also ends up being this really strong physic that had had his powers sealed off as a kid because he kept seeing things that he couldn't control seeing at that young of an age.

Is that plotline also in Moon Phase? It sounds like Shonen Onmyouji. Smile
murph76

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Is that plotline also in Moon Phase? It sounds like Shonen Onmyouji. Smile

Yep. That's what the latter part of the series is about, Kohei working to restore/control those powers.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote
NSFW question here.

I need help with identifying the anime between 1:18 and 1:45? I think they might be the same show, but I'm not sure, so it could be two. The animator is actually Kan Ogawa, so that should narrow it down. I'd try to find them myself, but animation styles can be so different that I'm not sure I could just look at tiny images of shows I've never seen and be right, so I'd appreciate some assistance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
NSFW question here.

I need help with identifying the anime between 1:18 and 1:45? I think they might be the same show, but I'm not sure, so it could be two.

1:26-1:45 is from Bokurano Episode 7.

Lordziba

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:54 am Reply with quote
Hi, recently the Dengeki published a new Hobby Mook specifically dedicated to the UC century ranks insignias, uniforms, and personal equipment for all warring and uniformed factions. One of the faction called Titans, a thuggish and oppressing group, supposedly to be elite guard group for the Federal forces. Interesting fact that their uniforms followed traditional Federation pattern, however, some variants could be interpreted as the hybrids that resembled the Grand Duchy of Zeon. So, now in this art book for a first time presented the auxiliary --- chest rank insignias, therefore making the dual rank insignia system as let say, the US Navy have. So, I need the translation of the ranks if any on that picture: http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/9637_416675105072075_400122972_n.jpg

Thank you, Zibster!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 406 of 569