Forum - View topic
Neon Ally App freezing up issues

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demonshalo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Just got another email they said to reset my password. Nope that didn't work. Sent them a pic of what the screen looks like. it's my personal blue screen of death[/img]
Demonshalo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:49 am Reply with quote
Just wanted to post a update incase anyone else gets this problem.
delete and reinstall app did not work. I don't really think this problem is going to get fixed. One of the things they said in the email was how to exit the app. OMG really talking about grasping at straws. It's not my connection running well above the minimum requirement. I'm seriously running out of patience and ideas. Any ideas anyone?
Demonshalo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote
I was just scouring the internet trying to find the answer myself and I found some recent posts on facebook from people having the same problem as me. YES I'm not alone with this problem. Cmon neon alley figure it out already. It's on your end.
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Heyo,

Anyone see a difference in the stream? We did an update in the middle of the night on Tuesday.
Demonshalo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:24 am Reply with quote
Lol no idea mine's not working. Smile
New update there is a patch coming soon from what customer support told me that should fix my issue and maybe some other issues anyone else might be having. Hope this works.
getchman
Space CowboySpace Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
the last two episodes of Death Note that aired from 2 to 3pm this afternoon started skipping forward and backwards mutiple times and froze once or twice
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Neon Alley Moderator wrote:
Heyo,

Anyone see a difference in the stream? We did an update in the middle of the night on Tuesday.

No, no change for me on the freezing issues. I still can't get through more than 45 minutes without a freeze of some type, though Friday it was freezing at least once a premier (I'm including Vampire Knight here because those are new to me). FWIW, my record for it not freezing up in a session was around 90 minutes one night. I'm personally very annoyed with the situation and am like another poster in that I'm starting to think Neon Alley is never going to solve this Mad .

Now, to the skipping issue with the video stream - I've had that one happen as well but for me that's a very random issue. I'm also having some internal freezing of the pop up guide. Specifically, I'll turn on Neon Alley and the guide will not update until it freezes. Then of course I have to leave and come back and it updates but then doesn't refresh again until the next freeze. I'm not sure if that's pointing to the cause of the freezing or it's a simple "chicken and egg issue" (of course it's going to update if I have to leave and return!). At least this isn't the issue I heard one of the hosts of the Method to Madness podcast is having. Seems the pop up guide is off by hours at time for him but he didn't mention any freezing issues so he's doing better than I am, IMO.
Demonshalo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Well it's been about a month without Neon Alley. Missed alot of episodes. Just got another email. The patch is suppose to be coming sometime in December. This sucks because I was really hoping this would be fixed before Bleach Hellverse. Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I had some major freezing issues tonight. I had missed last week's episodes of Tiger & Bunny and Inuyasha: the Final Act. But I'm going to have to try and watch them again because it froze so much I missed the endings to both shows! And I was watching the new episose of T&B, when it froze permanently during commercial break! So I gave up completely! Please fix these freezing problems; this is the first time I've had so much trouble. I don't think I'll be able to keep watching if you don't and I've been enjoying Neon Alley so far. I'd hate to give it up but I don't think I can take much more of this! Twisted EvilEvil or Very MadTwisted EvilEvil or Very Mad
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quote
^ It must've been a problem on your end, because I watched the exact same episodes of T&B tonight, and it worked almost flawlessly. Didn't freeze once.

I think it once dipped into low quality, but other than that it worked perfectly.

And I was even downloading some demos while it was going on, too.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Its a lil better for me than it was when it started. Watched Tiger and Bunny this morning and there wasnt any freezing this time around, a couple dips in quality, and one skip.

Personally, I can handle freezing happening once every so often (as long as it isnt constant) and small quality dips, but skipping is really annoying. Sometimes I miss important lines of dialogue cause of it. Its getting better, but it still needs some improvement.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Might have just been a busy night on the internet around here then. Though, according to my husband, it's usually bad on Thursdays. It'll probably be alright next week (I hope), anyway that's the first time it's messed up that badly. I was just really upset when I posted, sorry about that.
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
For anyone who still has freezing issues please send an email over to [email protected]

I went ahead and gave them the heads up. Just let them know that you're from the ANN forum.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quote
For anyone who still has freezing issues please send an email over to [email protected]

I went ahead and gave them the heads up. Just let them know that you're from the ANN forum.

I would like to but one thing I forgot to mention, for some reason I can't log on to the website. It keeps saying an error occurred; I even tried it on my husband's computer and had the same problem.
Tempest
ANN Publisher & CEO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote

rinmackie wrote:

I would like to but one thing I forgot to mention, for some reason I can't log on to the website. It keeps saying an error occurred; I even tried it on my husband's computer and had the same problem.

Just pointing out that the recommendation was that you e-mail them. No need to visit their website.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4