• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter x Hunter Manga to Run 2-Part 'Kurapika Tsuioku-hen'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh cool, Togashi! I can't wait and am really looking forward to this! I just hope you know, that you don't think somewhere in your mind we'll be happy with this while you continue off on your little hiatus right?

RIGHT?
sainta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quote
How about giving some love to the present Kurapica too Togashi? 15 volumes absent from the manga with an unconcluded story is not nice.
dan9999

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I like Hunter x Hunter but as to why the japanese put up with this mangaka its beyond me.

Anyone think that bakuma´s Hiramaru is based on this guy ?

Togashi antics project that he actually does not love his career much, has not much respect for it or his fans and does not like to work and only does it obliged by someone or the circumstances only looking forward to the next time he can take a break from it all and take it easy.

Not all mangaka can be as professional and show so much dedication as ODA i guess, Togashi is totally in the opposite extreme.
opn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
How about giving some love to the present Kurapica too Togashi? 15 volumes absent from the manga with an unconcluded story is not nice.

spoiler[Eerrr he was in the chapter before the manga went on haitus course that was basically just a cameo...]
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Maybe a start at coming back from hiatus? Maybe?
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:40 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
INot all mangaka can be as professional and show so much dedication as ODA i guess, Togashi is totally in the opposite extreme.

Oda's a hack, too. Just sayin'...
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:24 am Reply with quote
For all his criticism I think Togashi's Hunter x Hunter is by far the best major title to come out of shonen jump, and yes I am including the ungodly overrated one piece. Also unlike Oda, Togashi has actually had other solid series including the blockbuster franchise that was Yu Yu Hakusho. He may be erratic, but I think ultimately he will deliver.
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:27 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
sainta wrote:

spoiler[Eerrr he was in the chapter before the manga went on haitus course that was basically just a cameo...]

...Hooray? Laughing
vanfanel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:42 am Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Anyone think that bakuma´s Hiramaru is based on this guy ?

A Japanese user on this page asked exactly that question:

The comment rated "best answer" says (translating):

"I've never heard of such a story. For all Hiramaru talks about it, he's never gone on hiatus aside from during the strike; therefore, he works way more than Togashi."
Kuromamushi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
dan9999 wrote:
INot all mangaka can be as professional and show so much dedication as ODA i guess, Togashi is totally in the opposite extreme.

Exactly how is Oda a "hack"? Please state some reasons.
Lolack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote
Kuromamushi wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
dan9999 wrote:

Exactly how is Oda a "hack"? Please state some reasons.

maybe trying so hard to make chapters last more than a year? I don't know, but hardly anything happens in each chapter
mrsticky005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Oda is definitely no hack. No matter what anyone thinks of One Piece making 60+ volumes is no easy task. Hell making one and keyword SELLING it is difficult. Don't believe me. Then try it yourself.

That said One Piece fans please shut up about how great you think
Oda is on non-One Piece related articles. I know it may be shocking
to you all but some of us who have read One Piece DON'T find it
to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I for one would gladly take HxH with all it's hiatuses over One Piece
with it's constant dedication. Why? Because I like the story of HxH
and how it is presented BETTER than I do that of One Piece.

Of course I'm not going to pretend like HxH fans don't ever overestimate Togashi. But for me at least I can deal with
the fact that some people think HxH is as boring as crap.
It's not gonna be for everyone. Hell it kinda took me a while
to warm up to it and appreciate all the arcs. But now I love it.
But the thing is...the exact same thing goes for One Piece.
Despite it's immense popularity it's not for everyone.

that all said I'm very excited to see this kurapika manga special.
TwEeD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I always seem to need a hiatus from the HxH story though...The furthest I got in the manga was somewhere in the Ant's arc (which most find the best), think I'm again about 15-20 episodes behind on the new anime

So yeah I'm also in the "why do people think is the best thing since sliced bread?" camp, some clever ideas isn't all you need to make a story entertaining/interesting.
mrsticky005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
TwEeD wrote:
I always seem to need a hiatus from the HxH story though...The furthest I got in the manga was somewhere in the Ant's arc (which most find the best), think I'm again about 15-20 episodes behind on the new anime

So yeah I'm also in the "why do people think is the best thing since sliced bread?" camp, some clever ideas isn't all you need to make a story entertaining/interesting.

I'm confused which series are you referring to?
TwEeD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quote
Heh sry I shouldn't have used the same wording as you as that seemed to imply I was talking about One Piece, I was talking about HxH but somewhere your wording got stuck in my mind. It wasn't my intention and also not aimed at you as you're more level headed than those people I talk about (aka those HxH fans loving to bash other shounens and making out it so superior to those).

I really tried, multiple times, but to me HxH is nowhere what it is made out to be. While the most heard argument is that it is more "intelligent" it just follows the same formula that the big shounen titles use laid out by Dragonball (which is the title I grew up with early eighties way before they got to DBZ) but apart from a few clever ideas really doesn't attain the level of quality it is made out to be by those fans. It's nowhere as engaging or entertaining imo and isn't something I could marathon which I've done with other big name shounen titles (I have a high level of tolerance as I tend to be forgiving on titles that have many faults but still have a certain quality in them as long as it keeps me engaged/entertained).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2