• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Spoiler Message Tag

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Announcements & The Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:20 am Reply with quote
As seen in the SaiKano thread, we now have a new Spoiler tag.

It works this way:

Code:
[spoiler]Spoiler Text here[/spoiler]

To read the spoiler tag, left click on or above "SPOILER" and drag your mouse down. This highlights the text, revealing it.

Please use it when discussing specific plot points of a series.

You can use it during a sentence spoiler[like this] or as a standalone paragraph.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
posah-tai-vo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:53 pm Reply with quote
SPOILERS
Perhaps there should be a forum (Enter at your own Risk!!)where it is understood that anything & everything in it may be a SPOILER. That way, the persons in the the discussion could openly & freely discuss the merits of various Anime without worrying about what people who have not seen it, think about it . I myself, have been motivated to buy and watch, Anime that I have read about in open & honest discussions.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:55 pm Reply with quote
posah-tai-vo wrote:
SPOILERS
Perhaps there should be a forum (Enter at your own Risk!!)where it is understood that anything & everything in it may be a SPOILER.

i prefer spoiler tags. that keeps the 'anime' discussion in a single forum, rather than making people move between forums to find (effectively) the same discussion on escaflowne or whatever.

also, one should assume that if the topic is "Berserk!" one should know that the thread will be dealing with Berserk, and that inside that thread may lie spoilers. Ditto for "What's your favorite anime ending?".. People just need to walk carefully and use the spoiler tag liberally.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Announcements & The Rules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1