• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Elfen Lied and Shinkai's Place Promised Listed for January/February

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yurixhentai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:40 am Reply with quote
It's great they're doing this. But I somehow luckily found all 4 Elfen Lied volumes last year in CEX.
ninja noir

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:57 am Reply with quote
Good news. Smile I've been wanting to own Elfen Lied for ages. But Amazon say that it will cost £44.99 ..... seems a bit expensive for 13 episodes on DVD.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote
I held off getting Elfen Lied for ages as it was £50, but eventually caved before it went OOP completely (can't remember if I paid full price). The good thing about the UK complete edition was that it had unaltered artwork (ADV US for some reason decided to add blood to the signature image of Lucy on the cover).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I will be picking up Place Promised, but I already own ADV's box set release of Elfen Lied. The fact that it contains 4 discs (the same number as ADV's release) is a tad worrying, but I hope that they will be able to include the OVA in this release.

Seriously, ADV's "Complete Collection" not being complete still annoys me.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm assuming these are sub-licensed from AEsir, since they still have UK rights to both series (also available on the Sony Entertainment Network) - and ADV never had the OVA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
That's all well and good, but I would have perferred "Kurau Phantom Memory" over "Elfin Lied".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1