• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Genshiken DVD 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranma824

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I thought the 1st episode on this disc was probably the funniest, single episode of anime I've ever seen. My g/f thought it was boring, but I totally connected with Madarame the entire episode.
ric8252

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Dear mr. Martin: Bull____!!!! The dub in this man's humble opinion is just fine thank you. I am sick and tired of everyone picking on the dub..That's why you can get a DVD copy so you can chose your poison. The Dub vs Sub wars are over....It was a draw!!!
Jadress

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:04 am Reply with quote
Uh, simmer down, ric8252, no one was starting a dub vs. sub war. In fact, Key is generally favorable towards dubs. As a reviewer, he was simply giving his opinion that the dub was a little lacking (it got a B+ still, c'mon!).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:16 am Reply with quote
ric8252 wrote:
Dear mr. Martin: Bull____!!!! The dub in this man's humble opinion is just fine thank you. I am sick and tired of everyone picking on the dub..That's why you can get a DVD copy so you can chose your poison. The Dub vs Sub wars are over....It was a draw!!!

Uh, are you serious? Key usually favor dub than most other people . I generally like dub myself but I have to agree with him on this series though.

If you actually watch the show in both language, you can definitely appreciate's Maladrama's obnoxious yet hilarious voices which I thought the dub was lacking.
Lyrai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:51 am Reply with quote
I'm sad that it didn't mention the AYB reference on the back of the DVD case - it has "ALL YOUR FANBASE ARE BELONG TO US."
Key

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:36 am Reply with quote
On an unrelated note, can anyone who's seen the last episode ID the character who appears in the back of the Genshiken club room at the very end of the closer? I can't place who it is, and it's been bugging me.

(And use appropriate spoiler tags, please!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:58 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
On an unrelated note, can anyone who's seen the last episode ID the character who appears in the back of the Genshiken club room at the very end of the closer? I can't place who it is, and it's been bugging me.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=182888#182888
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Whearn9999

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:20 am Reply with quote
Ahhh...I love this show! Kujibiki as well. I'm really looking forward to the next installment of both.

As far as Key's question earlier; I thought spoiler[the person at the end was just a person interested in joining who is a fan of Chihiro's from Kujibiki.] I guess I was wrong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1