• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation news from Katsucon

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riza|Hawkeye

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:40 pm Reply with quote
this is my #2 fav series.... its bad enough funi got it, but if they F&$k it up, i'll never forgive them

i think i can accept the fact its called Rumbling Hearts, but....
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm very happy to see KGNE licensed. Even if it uses the title "Rumble Hearts."

I've been waiting for this license but had thought it would never happen.
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:46 pm Reply with quote
This is a series that, when I first saw it, I never would have expected it to be licensed. Too much of a niche genre, anime based on dating sims, which just isn't a big thing in the US.

Though... if they licensed Kiminozo, does this mean they'll also pick up Akane Maniax? ^__^

Funimation's one of the few companies I think is capable of handling a series like this, too. They're small enough that it'll get proper attention, but not so small that it'll be shoddy quality...
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:48 pm Reply with quote
FU*** YEA!!! FUNi, you guys are gods to me. Now the people here in the States can experience one of the most awesome romantic, drama series. Very Happy
Riza|Hawkeye

when you look at it, 2 shows which many people thought would never get licensed... have been licened (KGNE and Green Green)

so thats means there's still hope for Kakyuusei 2

all of them are H-Games (originally) FYI

Last edited by Riza|Hawkeye on Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
HitokiriShadow

ACDragonMaster wrote:

Though... if they licensed Kiminozo, does this mean they'll also pick up Akane Maniax? ^__^

I hope so. I never saw that because of the C&D from Media Works.
hikaru393

they should have put detective conan in there list of dvd's they will do faster they are slow with this show we arnt even going to see [/spoiler]ai hibaraspoiler[ till 2009 and that only eps 129 and they hvent gave us any movie news except for 2006.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:49 pm Reply with quote
So, how many people in the "FUNI is going to announce a license and everyone thinks it's Bleach wtf" thread called this one? Rolling Eyes
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I was expecting the FMA movie (even though it's pretty much a given), but I never expected it to be Bleach. This is a very pleasant suprise though.
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I hope so. I never saw that because of the C&D from Media Works.

I've seen it. Though no one (to my knowledge) ever subbed the third ep, but people I know found raws.
Thinkersblock07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Whoa! I never expected this show to be licensed! I guess there's hope for Key's works too. Man, that sure is surprising! Very Happy
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting for Desert Punk ever since I heard asbout it on the release schedule here on the site but I had notiuced before that it was being listed as Sunabozu. I'm curious as to what the name of the title actually is. Is it Desert Punk or is it Sunabozu?
Melazoma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Riza|Hawkeye wrote:
this is my #2 favorite series.... its bad enough funi got it, but if they F&$k it up, i'll never forgive them

i think i can accept the fact its called Rumbling Hearts, but....

What's wrong with FUNi getting KimiNozo? Going by your username and if you've been following FUNi's Fullmetal Alchemist release, there should be nothing to worry about. In case you aren't following FUNi's release of Fullmetal Alchemist, get it. What FUNi delivers has been more than stellar.

Lately, FUNimation has been churning out nothing but quality releases like Fullmetal Alchemist, Gunslinger Girls and Samurai 7. All of them come with alternate angle Japanese OP/ED credits and subtitle translations that are sometimes too literal for their own good--the latter may be a problem to some, but that's one of the things the fansubbers stand on.

This is a release that will likely be on 3 DVDs given the episode count and the niche nature of the show. Rumbling Hearts will have my full support in preorders. Those that call youselves fans of this show have little to worry about and should buy the DVDs as soon as you are able to. I have little doubt that FUNi will give this release the attention that it deserves.

Also, Rumbling Hearts is the official subtitle of the PS2 port of the ero-game that the KimiNozo anime was based on. It's not that far off.

Last edited by Melazoma on Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
I've been waiting for Desert Punk ever since I heard asbout it on the release schedule here on the site but I had notiuced before that it was being listed as Sunabozu. I'm curious as to what the name of the title actually is. Is it Desert Punk or is it Sunabozu?

Sunabozu is the Japanese title. "-bozu" is a Japanese ending that translates to something like a deragoatory "little boy" or 'punk' (hence the title). And I would assume Suna translates to desert. I know very little Japanese, so I could be wrong on this.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Melazoma wrote:

This is a release that will likely be on 3 DVDs given the episode count and the niche nature of the show. Rumbling Hearts will have my full support in preorders. Those that call youselves fans of this show have little to worry about and should buy the DVDs as soon as you are able to. I have little doubt that FUNi will screw it up.

I think you mean you "highly doubt" they will screw it up. Otherwise you are just contradicting yourself.

Quote:
Also, Rumbling Hearts is the official subtitle of the PS2 port of the ero-game that the KimiNozo anime was based on. It's not that far off.

Yep. And it's on the front of their website too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8