• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
In that case, then no, not to my or MFC's knowledge. In fact, their database only shows 4 garage kits, 3 Cecily's and a Lisa.

I think this calls for a google scavenger hunt to find one! Laughing
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I'm sure you could find a few more garage kits, but there have not been any official figures for the series. A search of AmiAmi and Hobby Search both came up negative, even for any out of stock items, so if they don't have em, I feel fairly confident that no such figures exist. Even Mandarake gave me a blank. Which really is kinda odd since I figured every anime made got at least one figure from an actual figure maker and not just doujin resins.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
After waiting for 3 long weeks for my Russian mail order bride to come, it has arrived! Cryska appears before my front door on November 20, 2012. She's armed with a red bikini and a Santa hat. This is a sign that I will be blessed with a wonderful Christmas.

Here she is in her plastic prison confines:

Here she is without any armaments:

And lastly, here she is armed with her cute Santa hat:

Unfortunately, I did not take many pictures of her due to a severe lack of camera skills. . . I wished I had taken some photos from the side, too. It's a shame I have little to no room to display her so she'll stay locked up in her plastic prison until I clean up my room. Crying or Very sad
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:09 pm Reply with quote
It seems there's a dry spell going on right now. Despite new figures being announced, nothing's really captured my attention to justify a pre-order. I do have three right now (two are Strike Witches characters, the other is Madoka), but I feel a little disappointed there isn't 8 or more, especially at this time of year.

I am contemplating in getting Akari (Alter) from YuruYuri, but I'm just going to wait until she hits this side of the ocean before I pick her up. No need to throw myself into pre-order hell for a character that's okay. Now, if it were Kyoko...
*cough*

Anyway, here's to hoping 2013 gets a little better. Even though I don't have much room, I'll make it if the figure's worth it.

Question: For those who ordered Saber and her motorbike, did you take it out of the box? I've yet to do so, but only because of its size. It's sitting on my floor, next to the TV shelf.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:12 am Reply with quote
@Mesonoxian Eve

I took her out as soon as I got her. She is sitting in one of my glassed cases. She doesn't take up that much room. The figure is low so it could be put in front of a 1/6 figure without problem.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:21 am Reply with quote
Height isn't the issue. Width is. One shelf, for example, is pretty much lost to the Strike Witches because their bases and poses are so wide and take up quite a bit of space. I haven't taken out Barkhorn, either.

One thing's for sure: when I'm looking for a new house soon, you can bet I'll be minding the sizes of room to convert to an anime room. I want a wall I can literally shelve from top-to-bottom, so I can display my preciousesouses or whatever the plural of precious is.
Very Happy
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
You don't need a plural. The collection as a whole is "my precious".
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Finally got my preordered Lisa Silverman and Naoto Shirogane figures this week. Smile

Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote
It seems Erica Hartmann's striker unit has malfunctioned, as news is coming in her arrival will now be after January of 2013.

The other Strike Witches are now engaged in a search and rescue, but hopes of bringing her to shore soon seem unrealistic. Francesca was overheard stating she's heading to Roma for a little R&R and Erica's loss isn't anything to get worked up over, because she can swim.

Gertrude was less stoic as her friend's late arrival clearly has her shaken emotionally. When asked for a comment, the reporter noted only a stern glare, while being told "Discipline! Discipline! Discipline!"

More news as we get it. This is Figure News Network, signing off.
victor viper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
It seems Erica Hartmann's striker unit has malfunctioned, as news is coming in her arrival will now be after January of 2013.

Yeah, I was just browsing Hobby Search and they now list her release date as the rather vague "After January". I wonder if Hanna-Justina will also be moved back accordingly, since she's next up in the queue?
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:59 am Reply with quote
Ginormous Nyanko-sensei plushie courtesy of The Right Stuf International. Smile

From this ANN article: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-08-29/natsume-book-of-friends-largest-nyanko-plush-unveiled

Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:50 am Reply with quote
I don't know what it is but suddenly all these figures I wanted are coming up for pre-order.

Already Ordered

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/109859
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/131143

Debating about Ordering

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/118006

I would like an Okabe to go with my GSC Kurisu but not sure about his face. I will have to think on it.

edit: The Natsume already sold out on BIJ. Glad I caught the order in time (although he will probably be up at HLJ too eventually).
Veers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
The Naked Beast wrote:
Ultimate Madoka
November 2012 delayed to December 2012
Link.

Hm, I hope this means she ships out after the holiday crush is over. Really looking forward to this one, but a few more weeks of waiting won't really be a big deal.

The Naked Beast wrote:
I was very impressed that the box arrived in pristine condition. AmiAmi packaged Erio with a good amount of paper to protect her. It took longer but picking the cheaper shipping option lessens the damage to the wallet for me.

This is good to hear. I've only imported a couple figures before and it's been so long that I can't actually remember what shipping I used before. For Ultimate Madoka I opted to spare no expense, but I'll keep this in mind for later importing.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:46 am Reply with quote
FREEing has my number and they know it. I can't seem to resist their 1/4 scale figures, and their Kuroko bunny girl figure is no exception. It's pretty spendy, but so long as they don't release Misaka in the same month, I'll be fine. Trying to limit my figure purchases to 1 per month is turning out to be kind of difficult!
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
edit: The Natsume already sold out on BIJ. Glad I caught the order in time (although he will probably be up at HLJ too eventually).
I missed the window so I'm hoping he'll be available after his release date. If not I'll have to see how badly he's price-gouged on eBay... Crying or Very sad

Anyway, I've been neglecting my figures in lieu of complete immersion in & intense fangirling over the best K-drama I've ever seen, which recently wrapped up *sniff* so now I can get back to opening packages and taking pictures. I'm only going to do a few each week until I catch up because I'm lazy like that.

First the cute: Received sometime mid-November from AmiAmi, Donyatsu!

Nope, I don't know exactly what Donyatsu is supposed to be either but after getting the smaller phone charm version in October I knew I had to get his big brother (~9.5 cm tall). He comes with alternate icing/tail and a small plastic plate bearing his name, along with a very cute bakery-style box and a really disturbing background illustration.

...Next, the fabulous: Received 2012.10.31 from Big in Japan, JoJo's Part 5 Leone Abbacchio DXF set [Banpresto]:

...And last not least the gorgeous: Received 2012.11.14 from thegrandlineshop, the Tiger & Bunny Kotetsu Master Stars Piece figure:

The Master Stars Piece line is absolutely fantastic. So nice especially considering the very affordable price (Kotetsu was $25 + $10 S&H, and is again available at HLJ for ¥2,000 which is comparable). No stand as usual, and though he'll stand on his own on a level surface I don't trust him not to plummet headfirst to the floor at the slightest bump so I'll be putting him safely behind glass to display. Barnaby's coming in February (though preorders have stopped, like Kotetsu I expect he'll be widely available again after his release).

Also a notable preorder-- the Tiger & Bunny DXF vol.5 set, Yuri Petrov & Wild Tiger:

All I can say is HOT and DAMN. I barely squeezed in a preorder/prepay at Big in Japan for these two before preorders closed yesterday.

Last edited by poonk on Thu May 16, 2013 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 88 of 111