• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Howl Nominated for Saturn Award

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camelot187757

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I feel that this is some good steam for Howl's seeing as they won at the New York Film Critics Circle, at the San Diego Film Critics Association, and were voted as the Best Film of 2005 in Japan. However the fact that the Wallace and Gromit Movie is also nominated for that same category makes me weary of them winning, being that it got Shut Down at the Annnie Awards. If they win this with W&G being there too, Howl's may have a pretty decent shot at winning at the Oscars this year.

HOPE!!!!
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, I've seen them both. I'm rooting for Wallace & Gromit.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quote
On the odd chance that Howl does win the Saturn Award, I don't think it would affect its chances of winning an Oscar that much, considering that the Oscars are handed out some two months prior to the Saturns.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
camelot187757

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:46 am Reply with quote
Well excuuuuuuse me. I didn't know but I think you for your update. I'm still rooting for it to win at the Oscars regardless.
Sydney2K

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:29 pm Reply with quote
As I posted at the NEWS: Howl Shut out at Annie Awards thread, Wallace And Gromit: The Curse Of The Were Rabbit just won the Best British Film award at this year's British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards (BAFTA's) on the weekend, so I figure Aardman Animation have a lock on the Academy Award this year. The Saturn, however, is a different matter, and I would say Howl might have a better than even chance, as it's an adaption of existing material.

Widya Santoso
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1