• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Beta version of ANN?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maize Hughes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote
Hi,
I heard that there is a beta version of ANN that you all are testing. Is this so? And, may I see it? I'm really curious, since I, uhm, have some criticisms of the current site, but I'd rather not waste your time complaining about them if a fix is in the works.

Thanks,
Will
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote
The beta is currently only available to subscribers. If you're really interested, a month is only $3, but you could also just leave your feedback and someone can say whether it's changing or not. The new layout does look pretty nice.
Maize Hughes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Saffire!

Thats helpful!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Having just seen the layout of the beta version I can wholeheartedly say I am 100% against such a format.

To me it resembles the atrocious page layout of Facebook infamy. Cluttered and brightly-colored thanks to images highlighting each article, it is nothing short of a nightmare for someone with ADD like myself.

I realize change can be scary and many balk at it no matter what the improvements, but with this specific update I find myself hoping for something else. Do I think ANN's layout can be improved? Sure. I just don't think this particular design is the way to go.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1