• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nelvana to Release Beyblade Zero-G as Beyblade: Shogun Steel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Shogun Steel

The hell? I'd like to see how they got that from Zero-G. There's no shoguns involved.
kanechin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:13 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Quote:
Shogun Steel

The hell? I'd like to see how they got that from Zero-G. There's no shoguns involved.

They have the 4kids virus.
Unknown Memory

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Quote:
Shogun Steel

No surprise.

These are the same people, who butchered Cardcaptor Sakura and reincarnated the anime into Cardcaptors. *shivers*

If you think 4Kids is bad, Nelvana is unspeakable horror.
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand what was wrong with the original title.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Well they changed the previous 4D title as well. Turns out Hasbro removed the 4D system from the American-produced Beyblades so I guess that's why. Maybe they're removing the Zero-G system from these Beyblades? Not sure why since removing these things kind of ruins the purpose of them.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptors was more than 10 years ago at this point. Do y'all bring up Chuck E. Cheese direct to videos when Funimation announces stuff? No. The Nelvana that licensed Cardcaptors is a very different Nelvana than the one today. Their nu Beyblade dubs are pretty straight forward, and generally uncut with no replaced music. Of course it helps that they're a co-producer on the show.

TitanXL wrote:
Quote:
Shogun Steel

Samurai Ifraid is Zero's Beyblade. I guess they mistakenly decided to link those two together for whatever reason.
Phantomcellistf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Well they changed the previous 4D title as well. Turns out Hasbro removed the 4D system from the American-produced Beyblades so I guess that's why. Maybe they're removing the Zero-G system from these Beyblades? Not sure why since removing these things kind of ruins the purpose of them.

Actually, they started releasing the 4D system as the Hyperblades series, which are a bit more expensive than the normal releases. I honestly doubt the Shogun Steel series will remove the Zero-G system since they aren't as expensive in the first place, but they will make the stadiums safer.
DranzerX13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:48 am Reply with quote
次回12月23日の放送は最終回です。お見逃しなく!
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/mf-beyblade-zero/trailer/index.html

If episode 38 is the final episode, then I wonder why Nelvana listed 26 half-hour episodes (52 half episodes).

38 half episodes is 19 half-hour episodes. Unless Nelvana is going to have Japan make an extra 7 episode arc to fill the gap when it comes to North America.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:15 am Reply with quote
I just assume it'll tack on a subtitle like the original did when it switched to a new arc.
Unknown Memory

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Cardcaptors was more than 10 years ago at this point. Do y'all bring up Chuck E. Cheese direct to videos when Funimation announces stuff? No. The Nelvana that licensed Cardcaptors is a very different Nelvana than the one today. Their nu Beyblade dubs are pretty straight forward, and generally uncut with no replaced music. Of course it helps that they're a co-producer on the show.

I stopped following up with whatever Nelvana's been doing since that day 10+ years ago. So, I'm not up to date as to what the present Nelvana looks like or how they operate.

If they improved, well, kudos to them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1