• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Two New Negima Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:00 pm Reply with quote
So instead of Negima being somewhat visually lackluster thanks to Xebec, it'll be visually trippy and chock full of eye-candy moments like Pani Poni Dash and Soultaker? I like that! Cool
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, baby! This'll make up for not funding a second season of Love Hina!
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:14 pm Reply with quote
About time! This was announced, what, nearly a week ago?
maus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Whoopteedoo... Rolling Eyes
The first series was a big disappointment. I hope this series makes up for it. I wouldn't count on it though...
Animedude35

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:03 pm Reply with quote
The 2 new Negima series can only go up from here, unless they can make something WORSE than the first series, which was crappy as love hina crappy can be.....well almost...

Anyways, this will make up for the 1st season, and give Ken A. a smile because most of his hit mangas ---> anime = crap...
Fui

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Two new animes? Whoa.

I really liked the style of Negima except for the awful storyline and screenwriting...

I wonder if they're doing this in response to the popularity of the manga or just trying to redeem themselves from the first series. I can hardly imagine there being a huge following of fandom just based on the anime...but then again if all you care about is schoolgirls/loli/harem then that's another story...

Animedude35 wrote:
The 2 new Negima series can only go up from here, unless they can make something WORSE than the first series, which was crappy as love hina crappy can be.....well almost...

I thought Love Hina was pretty good. Still, I'd feel kind of sorry for the guy, seeing how the Negima anime turned out. I wonder if Funimation is going to make the NA release any better. Hmm...nah, I doubt it.
mocoto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what they mean by "two new Negima anime".... OVA's ? TV series ?

I loved Love Hina (and I liked the anime more than the manga), but the Negima anime sucked (at least until episode 10, that's what I've seen of it).
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Fui wrote:

I thought Love Hina was pretty good. Still, I'd feel kind of sorry for the guy, seeing how the Negima anime turned out. I wonder if Funimation is going to make the NA release any better. Hmm...nah, I doubt it.

Heh, don't pass off Negima as a FUNimation failure just yet; a couple of my associates heard/saw clips for the show at Katsucon, and it looks to be well dubbed. Since the vocals and music were the only real pluses to the Anime, the best FUNimation can do is emulate or exceed those strengths; they have yet to disappoint.

Last edited by Malintex Terek on Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
ACDragonMaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:10 am Reply with quote
Fui wrote:
I wonder if they're doing this in response to the popularity of the manga or just trying to redeem themselves from the first series.

Because the manga is popular, no question. Ultimately, the entertainment industry either here or in Japan is out to make a profit from their work, there's no need why they'd have to "redeem" themselves or anything. On the other hand, the manga is still popular, so if they make more anime with that same popular name they stand to make a profit off of it.
Mystic_Vegetto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:56 am Reply with quote
From my understanding, it's basically Popularity, and Money that determines whether an anime continues or not. The manga is very popular, so the popularity is covered through there, as for the money, that's also made by the Volumes of Negima, along with Negima Merchandise, and there's lots of that in Japan.

As for the new anime, It appears that they're OVA's. Kinda like Love Hina had, except this is a Spring Special, and a Summer Special. I'm guessing they'll be on DVD's later this year though. And if it does good, then hopefully a 2nd Season can be made.
wao

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:19 am Reply with quote
They look so weird. It's really like Negima crossover with PPD.

Scan 1
Scan 2

Frankly speaking I dislike these new designs. Though the directing will probably make up for it. Not like I'm watching it anyway I guess... I wish Shinbou would move on to more interesting things though, or do an action show here and there at least. Perhaps something trippy in the Cossette sense.
Mystic_Vegetto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Just remember that those scans are not screencaps or anything, those are just rough drafts of what they might look like. Until the actual OVA's come out, we won't know what they'll look like at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1