• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Live-Action xxxHOLiC Cast Photographed in Costume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
So far, so good. I was worried the costumes would come off too much as costumes rather than real clothes but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I still don't know exactly how this one is going to work in live action but I'll give it a shot.
sarroush

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote
Anne doesn't look as bad as I thought she would. Thankfully so. I hope this doesn't disappoint too much, but it's live-action so my hopes aren't too high.
OtakuKitten

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:17 pm Reply with quote
I hope that they release a few more pictures soon. Don't get me wrong this is a very good picture, but I would love to get a better look at the work the costume crew has put into this show.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Not hot enough to pull off a successful Yuko, in my opinion.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Looks great! I wonder if they will tone down the spiritual creatures, or if Mokona will become a human in the show? I just recall the Sailor Moon live-action where Luna is literally just a stuffed animal, and occasionally becomes human.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Watanuki looks a bit too dorky in my opinion. He looks like the fat kid at school who everyone picks on. I know he's not popular per se, but still...
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Costume and environment looks great. But since we're focusing on aesthetics, if you want matching characters, you need tall, gangly people. Maybe get some basketball players and maybe slim them down some. And Yuuko... let's just say she's missing an important pair of assets.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:02 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Costume and environment looks great. But since we're focusing on aesthetics, if you want matching characters, you need tall, gangly people. Maybe get some basketball players and maybe slim them down some. And Yuuko... let's just say she's missing an important pair of assets.

Maybe hire one of 'em?

sainta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quote
They look kind of bored.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Looks great! I wonder if they will tone down the spiritual creatures, or if Mokona will become a human in the show? I just recall the Sailor Moon live-action where Luna is literally just a stuffed animal, and occasionally becomes human.

Mokona is definitely going to be a challenge. I definitely don't think the approach done for Luna would work, because it just wouldn't match the tone of the show (PGSM gets away with a lot because it doesn't take itself too seriously, at least not most of the time).

Also no one could ever look like the original character designs, so I don't really mind that part, as long as the actors can actually act the part, which of course has yet to be seen.
cosain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:57 am Reply with quote
ok wow, Ann took me by surprise, she surprising looks ok as Yuko :O

Well, let's hope her acting is on par with her costume, intrigued to watch this!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1