• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kuroko's Basketball Ichiban Kuji Line Delayed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
For heaven's sake people if your going to keep being this ridiculous about this either man up and show you won't be intimidated by this wackjob or cancel the series altogether Rolling Eyes
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quote
The police in Japan need to paint a van with Kuroko Basketball characters and drive around the country until the whackjob attacks them.
OrangeVision

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:05 pm Reply with quote
You let one nutjob have his way, you ultimately let them all.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:46 pm Reply with quote
I feel really bad for Kuroko's Basketball's creator and the franchise. It's messed up that all this fear is curtailing all of the normal, good things they are trying to do publicly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Y'know, they should probably take a page out of the American way of doing things and set up a Kuroko's Basketball doujinshi event as bait to lure this guy in. Just set up plain clothes cops and hidden cameras everywhere so if anyone tries anything they'd be arrested on the spot. Inaction is only going to lead to copycats threatening other manga authors just because they can.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I know Japan has its own scars with terrorist attacks and I can understand why they are trying to be cautious. That said, I have to wonder if this is the usual way they respond to threats (give into the terrorist's demands). I'm just wondering what the normal protocol is or if there is something with these threats that is making them extra cautious.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:
Y'know, they should probably take a page out of the American way of doing things and set up a Kuroko's Basketball doujinshi event as bait to lure this guy in. Just set up plain clothes cops and hidden cameras everywhere so if anyone tries anything they'd be arrested on the spot. Inaction is only going to lead to copycats threatening other manga authors just because they can.

I think this and the van idea are probably better ideas then what they have done so far, even if they are make you laugh or would never be approved. I mean seriously this going to inspire tons of copy cats for other series if this keeps up.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
I feel really bad for Kuroko's Basketball's creator and the franchise. It's messed up that all this fear is curtailing all of the normal, good things they are trying to do publicly.

My thoughts exactly. This lone loser is being allowed to screw over an entire franchise because the police are so incompetent as to catch him and the publishers are too afraid of him to carry on with events and merchandising anyway. It's madness.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
So everything's going according to plan........................
lijachan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:18 pm Reply with quote
oh my god, i feel like the Japanese are being dominated by a dictator that tells them Kurobas is NOT allowed....
prolly people are like selling those doujinshi's in secret like how people sell drugs or something LOL

but on a completely serious note, they really need to step up and don't let this nutjob have his/her way. S/HE'S A TOTAL CRAYCRAY Dx ah, i still can't get over what i read about this person....... s/he seriously needs to get arrested, man i have no idea what the police are doing! //facepalm.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:

Same here. I realize it's a difficult tightrope to walk, between potentially risking peoples' safety and seemingly cowing to this loser's threats, but in this instance I feel like there's been so many canceled events, so many products put on hold, that it will ultimately give this pathetic freak what he wants: to hurt Kuroko's Basketball where it counts. Even a popular, well-loved series can be shut down if its monetary value is damaged enough.

I've no knowledge of how the Japanese police would typically go about countering these series of attacks and threats, but however they do, I hope it's soon and it ends this a**hole's little jaunt in the spotlight for good. And that the manga creator, the fans, and the companies backing Kuroko can all go back to things as usual.
Don't let pathetic dumbasses like this gain control or influence over anything. Don't publicize them so they think they've become "celebrities." Shut them down. Hard. And let them fade into obscurity where their sad existences are remembered by no one.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:12 am Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:

no need to feel bad. The manga sales are at all time high. Anime dvd sales are one of the best this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1