• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can We Get a Ruling on Violent Misogynistic Imagery Posting?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:47 am Reply with quote
This is prompted by yet another wonderful dragon695 posting where he once again rhapsodizes about female anime characters being torn apart.

dragon695 wrote:
The people getting torn to shreds wasn't all that exciting, though mostly because I couldn't be arsed to care. Note to CLAMP. stick to genres you are good at. horror isn't one of them.

Now for an unpopular opinion: what a shame that aforementioned didn't happen in SAO to Kirito's harem. That would have made the show much more interesting! Just imagine If he was forced to watch Sugu and Asuna be torn limb from limb. It would have been a delightful; reality check to all the crappy wish-fulfillment that was gushing forth from that series like the 2 years of pent up feelings he had for Asuna.

This creepy poster was banned for 2 months earlier this year for expressing the desire that a violent act be performed on the members of AKB48 and I've seen him post violent crap about female anime characters since then. Only ever female characters. Himiko from Btooom! was another female character who has attracted his ire, so naturally, he posted that he wanted to see her blown up.

I have a limited tolerance for this kind of bs at the best of times, but after Newton, even less so. It would be great if we could all post at ANN without expressing pyschopathic imagery, yes? Surely there is a way of expressing disapproval of a show that doesn't involve lovingly fantasizing about female characters being torn limb from limb?

I'd like a ruling because I would have no problem reporting this kind of scummy behaviour whenever it crops up but there is no point if nothing will be done about it.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
This dragon695 sounds like a real nice guy. No wonder this creep was banned for two months. I hope I never get this guy on any of my posts. He sounds like a guy I wouldn't like a whole lot.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
This dragon695 sounds like a real nice guy. No wonder this creep was banned for two months. I hope I never get this guy on any of my posts. He sounds like a guy I wouldn't like a whole lot.

Dude, you are one to talk.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Well, say what you will about Snomaster1, I've have never seen him repeatedly post about female dismemberment in glowing terms.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I sent him a warning that if he ever posts like that again I'll ban him for good.

Let me know if you see something from him like that. Don't file a report; PM me directly with a link to the offending post.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, Zac, I appreciate it.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
In all the years I've been a member of ANN, this is the first time I've such a disturbing post such as that. Especially given after the Newton incident, I wouldn't expect to see such a post.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
In all the years I've been a member of ANN, this is the first time I've such a disturbing post such as that. Especially given after the Newton incident, I wouldn't expect to see such a post.

Oh pu-leez, spare me the misguided indignation.

There were numerous people in the Sword Art Online thread who crowed about spoiler[a male character getting brutally sliced apart, tortured before having his head impaled with a sword.] They were happy this happened and enjoyed the extreme and sadistic violence, and yet no-one paid them any attention. But as soon as someone merely wishes that two female characters that he didn't like had suffered the same fate instead, all of a sudden there's a moral outcry.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote
And if you weren't [insult removed], you'd probably understand the difference between cheering for a repulsive villain character getting his comeuppance versus imagining two female heroine characters being ripped limb from limb simply because a misogynistic poster doesn't like them. As I pointed out, dragon695 has a sordid history of making these kinds of posts. That's why he's already been banned once.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote
DTM42 I swear if you push this for even one second more I'm going to ban you for a good long time.

RULE OF THUMB: NOBODY wants to hear about your creepy fetishes or your justifications thereof. Nobody. Me least of all.

EDIT: He responded to my message. My earlier request stands: if you see something like this from him in the future, let me know. Thread is locked now.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

It was completely unnecessary to even bring this in to this situation. Leave the axes to grind and personal vendettas out of the forums please or take them to private channels.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1