• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie promo torrent

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickwataris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:32 pm Reply with quote
those pics were a bit ehem *risky* if you know what I mean
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Ooh, shiny. *gank*

I believe the term is "risque" and considering it's a fanservice show, what did you expect?
slickwataris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Ooh, shiny. *gank*

I believe the term is "risque" and considering it's a fanservice show, what did you expect?

I didn't know it was a fanservice show and I was expecting UFOs and epic intergalactic battles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Then I regret to inform you that you will be greatly disappointed. I suggest reading the review on this site of the first DVD to get an idea of how the show shapes up. (I slightly disagree with the opinions expressed, but they're for the most part correct)
slickwataris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I doubt I would buy it anyway. Maybe I would look into a thinpak (you know they will) collection since I'm too poor to pick up volumes.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quote
Not for a 12 episode series. If ADV picks up Season 2, then we may have a Perfect Collection-esque thinpack (24 eps on 4 discs) but that's highly unlikely. I have a feeling that Valkyrie isn't going to be as popular here (USA) as it seems to be over there (Japan, planning a 4th set of episodes).
WesW

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:35 am Reply with quote
After viewing the trailer, it actually didn't seem that bad. It seems that ADV is going to pains to eliminate any pedo feeling to the show with their choice of the Excel VA for the 8 y.o. version of the girl, and I give props to any show "daring" enough to draw nude characters who have less than a D-cup.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1