• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Otogi-Jushi AkazukinTV Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote
I saw one episode of the OVA of this. I don't really know much about it. Does anyone know what it's based on or if it's just an original animation or something else?
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quote
From what I heard, the OVA is an anime based around a set of figurines that Konami was selling (called a figuanime on the official website).

You can look here for a series description of the OVA.

Spoiler tag removed as requested.

Last edited by hikaru004 on Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote
[You don't have to warp our forum's dimensions with your joy. Don't make us sidescroll just so you can squeal more. -Nagi]
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:13 am Reply with quote
I saw this as well. I was pretty neat. Thing is I wonder if this series was ever finished. The info. 'ANN' has mentions that there were 3 episodes. But at the time there never seemed like there was enough info. on the site. NOW there seems to be a little more info. about the show. It's like this show was placed on hold. But it's good to see this series is being picked back up again.

This is a very confusing title for the simple fact that the 2 entries are for OVA and the TV series. The OVA being a sequel to the TV seres, YET the TV series didn't even exist until now it seems. Confused

Now if the company responsible for 'Super Kuma-san' would get back to their little project.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:04 am Reply with quote
Well, the way another forum explained it was...

The OVA was rare because it was released with the figurine at Japanese conventions. So, obtaining the footage was hard to do. So, if this arguement holds, then it was actually completed but no footage was available for anyone else to see it if they didn't buy the figurine (which was very cute!).

I thought ep. 1 of the OVA was neat too. Maybe, the TV series will redo the OVA for all of us who missed out.

My favorite episode 1 battles were..
spoiler[Akazukin's battle in the kitchen and Shirayuki-hime's battle in the store.]

Well, if the TV series is a prequel, then maybe we get to learn about the war, the Key, and the rest of the combatants.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:10 am Reply with quote
I guess they had to get to it eventually. The good thing is that once the series starts viewers will have the chance to get a look at universe and how it works. I'll be looking forward to it. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1