• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New York ComicCon

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Emma Watson in the Evangelion movie!!! That would've been a smart move. Too bad she'll probably be 20 when they decide to start filming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:26 pm Reply with quote
wataris: I guess if they're desperate, they can try Dakota Fanning. She has the whining part down pat. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
One Piece, which Viz will be distributing for Toei. The first two DVD's will have three episodes each, increasing to five per disc starting with Volume 3.

I don't really get it. If people won't buy it dubbed and cut in smaller quantities, why does Toupee think people are more likely to purchase edited OP in bulk?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Full Moon wo Sagashite released quarterly at four episodes per volume...

Goody. It'll take four years for Viz to release something the other companies could knock out in two years at the very most. Great idea there... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Full Moon wo Sagashite released quarterly at four episodes per volume...

Goody. It'll take four years for Viz to release something the other companies could knock out in two years at the very most. Great idea there... Rolling Eyes

I really do wonder who would watch a show like that over four years...
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least it's good to know that I can look forward to the box set for a cool 30th birthday gift. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

This is why you should start rooting for FUNimation. At the very least, Full Moon would've only needed ONE year to get out.

Quarterly could work for something that would only need 2 or 3 volumes, but not a 52-episode series. At least they're doing the Naruto bricks with some relative speed.
RabbitRevolution

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Responding to a question regarding the possibility of the original Train_Man novel being translated, however, the Viz representatives responded that it would be exceedingly difficult to translate, given how heavily it it steeped in Internet jargon and 2ch-specific terminology.

Man, that's too bad. I'm guessing the movie stands a better chance of being licensed, but I probably shouldn't hope too hard for that one either.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Well, the thing about the Naruto box sets is that they're still at least putting out 26 episodes in a year's span. When handling 26-episode series, most companies still take about 10-12 months to release them, so all in all it evens out.

Full Moon wo Sagashite is going to be four episodes every three months, which amounts to sixteen episodes per year. Just three episodes shy of half the amount of episodes we'll see of Naruto yearly.

As for rooting for FUNimation over Viz, I've been doing that for the past three or so years now. I was pissed about Viz getting Full Moon wo Sagashite when it happened, and this is only justifying that sentiment. Laughing
Jgobats81886

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
ADV has narrowed the list of potential directors for this project down to three, all of whom are "A-list" names with very different visions, and is currently waiting for their schedules to open.

Just taking a wild guess

1. The Wachowski Brothers
2. Peter Jackson
3. Robert Rodriguez

The Wachowski brothers eam like the best choice to me. There already anime fans, they know how to handle big budget movies, and they know how to do movies with a religious undertow.

Peter Jackson would also be a nice fit. He also can handle big budget movies, whats wrong with another WETA/PJ movie, and he can handle movies that have to span over several features.

And, after watching Sin City, I'm convinced that Robert Rodriguez can do anything. Period.
aorta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Jgobats81886 wrote:

And, after watching Sin City, I'm convinced that Robert Rodriguez can do anything. Period.

Which is why ist's such a shame that Spy Kids 3 was so bad.

I don't really care who directs as long as the script is good.
Jgobats81886

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I look past the Spy Kids flicks, because he made them so his kids could actually watch one of his movies.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Just for clarification. The Naruto uncut boxsets are bilingual releases, right? The information given makes it sounds like it'll be sub-only. Rolling Eyes
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Just for clarification. The Naruto uncut boxsets are bilingual releases, right? The information given makes it sounds like it'll be sub-only.

Of course (bi-lingual). You wouldn't expect them to try to appeal to the mainstream with sub only releases, would you?

Oh, and would someone like to explain as to why my post was deleted for no apparent reason?
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Jmays+Nagisa: Maybe Full Moon sucks as much as I'm Gonna Be An Angel. Laughing

Nagisa:
Quote:
As for rooting for FUNimation over Viz, I've been doing that for the past three or so years now. I was pissed about Viz getting Full Moon wo Sagashite when it happened, and this is only justifying that sentiment. Laughing

Pick your poison: Changed or omitted music, or music without subs.

Jgo: The Wachowskis already did an Evangelion movie: The Matrix Revolutions. PJ's busy with Halo and still licking his wounds from Kong. Rodriguez could work, as long as we don't get an Evangelion similar to Shark Boy and Lavagirl.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
- Naruto - first volume of the Cartoon Network dub out on 3/28 with four episodes per volume. The second volume will follow about three months later, and starting Q3 of this year, the release schedule will be accelerated. Uncut subtitled episodes will be released in box sets of thirteen episodes each, on three DVD's, at an MSRP of $49.98. The first box will be out on July 4, and the second on December 6. Both sets will contain exclusive extras.

According to what I see with Naruto, the uncut releases are subtitled only (which is fine by me).

Fullmoon will have undubbed songs and song subtitles.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3