Neon Alley General

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote
truanifan678 wrote:

I know some of the shows have DVDs planned (Berserk, Tiger & Bunny), but will we see other shows getting the disc treatment? I'm eagerly looking forward to Zetman dub and there are other shows on Neon Alley I'd love to not just watched dubbed, but to own on DVD.

We look at a lot of data when it comes to deciding what comes out on DVD or BluRay.

There's streaming data ( So WATCH those Simulcasts people, we can't look at torrent data on principle Anime cry)
Manga sales, if there's a manga available
TV deals, but those are far and few in between nowadays
What we see cosplayed at cons ( yay cosplay )

and now ratings for Neon Alley.

Since we can see the data from Neon Alley pretty readily, its gonna play a decent role in what gets carted over into a physical product. If it doesn't do well, we can see if any of our Download to Own partners are willing to offer it digitally. Like what we're doing with Hikaru no Go, Prince of Tennis and Monster.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:05 am Reply with quote
I've got a bit of a request.

Is it possible for you guys to post the "This Week In Anime" factoids here on the forums the week after they air?

I enjoy reading them, but there's far too much text to read in the short time they're up on screen. Sad
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
I've got a bit of a request.

Is it possible for you guys to post the "This Week In Anime" factoids here on the forums the week after they air?

I enjoy reading them, but there's far too much text to read in the short time they're up on screen. Sad

I second this! Not only is there too much text going by too fast, it's in too small a font and a font that isn't easy to read, at least for me (it's a very pretty script font but it's hard to read) Sad
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Bleach is coming to the lineup next year along with other planned series. Didn't see Bleach coming though
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Just in case the folks at Neon Alley haven't heard, the website is being blocked as an Attack page. Someone needs to do whatever it is you have to do to get that cleared up with Google, or whoever it is that's in charge of putting up those warnings. Until then I can't access the site to get the schedule Sad
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Any way we can have some kind of update as to whats happening? Not only are a lot of viz sites down, but so is the stream.
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Looks like there was an attack to one of our ad servers, bet everything's fixed now.

As for the This Week in Anime. I'll have to do some sleuthing to see if we have permission to repost. I don't think its a problem, but you never know. I'll also let them know that you want the font to be bigger. I thought it was kinda small too, but then again I might just be getting old. :B
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so I gotta ask...

Was the song you used for the valentine's day promo purposefully made to sound like the intro to White Zombie's "More Human Than Human"?
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Just confirmed that Neon Alley is heading to the new PS4
Thestarv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:08 am Reply with quote
Never been a big fan of ViZ, their dubbing is usually horrid, example, the butchery of One Piece. But so far the couple shows I have started to watch were pretty good. And I have to say its kinda a nice change from crunchy roll. Surprised

**not that im leaving CR, ill prolly still keep them both going**

Smile
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote
Thestarv wrote:
Never been a big fan of ViZ, their dubbing is usually horrid, example, the butchery of One Piece.

VIZ didn't dub One Piece. It was originally dubbed by 4Kids (which is the horrid one), then was re-dubbed by FUNimation (which is the much, MUCH better dub and is the one currently airing on Neon Alley).
Nocturne123
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I really want to subscribe to Neon Alley but with my job, I can't work around a tv schedule. I wish this thing much success. IF it ever does change in format, Ill definitely, day one, sign up.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Tonight was supposed to be the series finale of LaGrange, but you guys played the second-to-last episode twice in a row instead of the last one.

Needless to say.... I am NOT pleased with this. Evil or Very Mad
venture2000

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:50 pm Reply with quote
When I went to playback the Friday line up- I noticed that too. I also noticed that High School of the Dead was replaced by Nana which was also weird.
DENelson83

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:13 am Reply with quote
Neon Alley Moderator, explain your service's reproachful absence from Canada. Why must you stubbornly continue to resist Canada's siren call? Evil or Very MadExclamation
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4