• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Suggestion on Review

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nhat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote
As I'm reading, I become interested in getting the series but in a few of the reviews, the english publishers are not even listed.

Is it possible to put the English release details (MSRP, release date, links to videos online, etc) under the Production Info or in it's own section?

Like some of the times I read the review, I'm not even sure if the English version was release since the reviews didn't even mention an English publisher so something as simple as the Publisher's name will help greatly.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Generally speaking, if a publisher's name isn't mentioned in the review (especially for a very recent series) then the review is probably based on a stream of the series or theatrical viewing of the movie. Often this will be designated in the title of a review, but not always. If it's not present then check the Encyclopedia page for the series, which is always linked in the bottom right corner of the review page.

If a review is based on an official DVD or Blu-Ray release, the release info will also be linked in the very bottom right corner of the review page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nhat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Weird, I read the reviews all the time but for some reason I always miss the links to the Encyclopedia. Thanks Key. Guess since this is more informational than a suggestion now, this post can be deleted, lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1