• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Scooby-Doo Meets Batman DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RezSav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:20 am Reply with quote
I agree, 4 A+'s, though not a very good April Fools joke, something along the lines of "Watanabe announces new CB anime!" would've been way better.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Not really. That would've just started more inane rumormongering akin to all the "new Berserk season" and now apparently "new Fullmetal Alchemist season" crap ANN's already flooded with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Um, where did this topic come? I don't see any news or reviews on it. Is this a suggestion for an April Fool's joke?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:03 pm Reply with quote
It was an April Fool's joke from years ago. I think it still pops up in rotation in the "Random Picks" section near the bottom of the page from time to time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Since the day is fast-approaching, I hope that there's at least one plausible-sounding April Fool's Day joke this year, something along the lines of the Microsoft Anime Network joke from 2002.

Last year's ones were just a little too "obvious" and weren't really fooling anyone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote
The April Fools jokes since the amazing 2003 have been kind of weak.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Since the day is fast-approaching, I hope that there's at least one plausible-sounding April Fool's Day joke this year, something along the lines of the Microsoft Anime Network joke from 2002.

Last year's ones were just a little too "obvious" and weren't really fooling anyone.

Unfortunately, due to our status, we can't post believable stories. If someone believes one of them and acts based on that belief, it makes us liable.

Sad

-t
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Oh, was it the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences contacting you guys three years ago about the fake "Miyazaki loses Oscar in Recount" April Fool's Day story that led to this change in April Fool's Day joke policy?

It's understandable from a journalistic integrity standpoint and also from a legal liability standpoint, but I certainly miss the sheer amount of effort that went into the more plausible, less "over the top" silly, April Fool's Day hoaxes of yesteryear, complete with screencaps and authentic-sounding press releases.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:05 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
April Fool's Day story that led to this change in April Fool's Day joke policy?
I'm sure it has to do with all those people that got upset when they got fooled. Maybe instead of putting the fake stories on the main page, it might be better have as a feature, but that would ruin the fun of April Fools.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Azumangaman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote
Hehe. I didn't realize that it was written during april fools! I thought you really called it anime, and I was about to call it quits here. But now that it's a joke, i feel better. I knew something was up!
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:56 pm Reply with quote
This is from like, two years ago. Locked.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1