• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime of 2012 in movie montages of 2012.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brankoburcksen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
This video montage honoring the movies theatrically released in the US during 2012 features a schmorgesborg from The Avengers and Prometheus to Lincoln and Amour. With such a wide swath it's not too surprising it includes The Secret World of Arrietty, but what really threw me off was that Madoka Magica was featured as well.

It's appearance flashes by so fast I had to double check to make sure I didn't just imagine it, but sure enough, the list of movies indicates it shows up right at 05:02:04.

The video itself is really quite astounding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVw1_PadudE&feature=share

Here's the exhaustive list of the movies that appear in the video at what time (Madoka's on page 21)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzIqO9NH-e_yMXBCcFJCLVVFd3M/edit?pli=1

Can anyone else spot it? It really made me happy to see an anime like Madoka Magica included amongst all these films of 2012.

Are there any other montages like this that include anime? Given how many AMVs there are, I wonder how many people make montages like this of all the anime that have come out this year.
BonusStage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I don't get the big deal of it appearing in some random guy's video.
EricJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Why not? Can't think of a better excuse to post it. Very Happy

(I've seen three of them so far--judging them against the high bar of Chuck Workman Oscar montages--and this seems to be the best one, unless anyone knows of a better.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1