• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokusatsu Discussion Threads

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:55 am Reply with quote
Okay, yeah, so Tokusatsu is my big thing right now (which is why I mention it over in the encyclopedia forum so much). There are regularly news articles pertaining to Super Sentai and Kamen Rider, and there are a number of Kamen Rider entries in the encyclopedia (yet not, I might note, the Kamen Rider Den-O Imagin anime). However, there is nowhere to discuss them.

I know that there has been a campaign to get a video game discussion forum, especially after the X Button column was started, but I'm not asking for a forum. I simply would like clearance to discuss Tokusatsu titles in the anime forum (as all of the Japanese TV guides group anime and Tokusatsu as a single category in their listings). I wouldn't even mind if it were limited to a "Super Hero Time" thread, for the current Super Sentai and Kamen Rider threads. I would just like a chance to discuss them with anime fans, and this is the only forum I go to (other than Sakura-Con's forums).
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
I think it might just be another argument for a wider "Other Media" section. How about an "Interests Forum" or something- to cover related media that appeals to anime fans?

Yes, you can pay a relatively miniscule amount of money to be allowed to talk about these thing in the Community forum but because its such a selectively small group, the discussions are similarly small.
A couple people talking about movies, a couple people talking video games... and if you tried to open such a Tokusatsu thread there, you might be talking to yourself, other than a few people maybe saying, "yeah, I've watched a couple of those before."

Certain rules can be made, dedicated threads could only be made about properties that can be connected to the Japanese or Asian film industry/style, while only general threads about strictly non- Asian subjects (Western movies or Television, etc.) would be allowed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I wouldn't mind a other topic section involving tokusatsu and video game. ANN has started to put more news involving more video game, tokusatsu and other non-anime/non-manga news, I thought why not make a section for that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I see no problem with someone starting a catch-all Toku thread in the anime forum so long as discussion of those shows is sequestered there.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Zac!!
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
I see no problem with someone starting a catch-all Toku thread in the anime forum so long as discussion of those shows is sequestered there.

Cool, thank you Zac!!! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1