• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
News Search

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure I've reported a similar problem in the past but can't locate it - if you so a site seach, the news tab does not work as expected.

The Views, Encyclopedia and Forum tabs seem to work correctly but I'm seeing a subset of results on the news tab that includes no news articles at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. I seem to be getting more things in the news section than I would expect. When I search "Barefoot Gen" I have 214 hits under the news tab, but it includes things that are also under the views tab (like reviews), and the encyclopedia tab (company/staff/cast encyclopedia pages). I also get news stories that are not listed on Barefoot Gen's encyclopedia page, which links to only 16 stories. Including this one, which does have Barefoot Gen greenlinked.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote
There are two types of greenlinks - "topic" and "reference". If the greenlink is set to a "reference" it won't show on the target page at all.
In the case of the news article you link, the greenlink hasn't been confirmed so it IS on the manga page, but as an unconfirmed (grey) link (there are 5 green confirmed inbound links and 23 grey unconfirmed).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1