• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Hakkenden: Tōhō Hakken Ibun TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pangea

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I have no idea what to think of this yet. I need to see the first episode. All the trailers and synopsis doesn't really give a clear picture of what its about.

I hope it centers around that girl and not the boys... Or does Female-oriented mean its supposed to satisfy the females with some handsome boys??
vinamara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Pangea wrote:
I hope it centers around that girl and not the boys... Or does Female-oriented mean its supposed to satisfy the females with some handsome boys??

From what I gather from the PV it appears to be the latter case.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
^That's what I gathered as well.

And excellent, I was thinking of trying this one out and now I won't have to hunt down fansubs to do so. Now all I need is for CR to say that they have Chihayafuru 2 and I'm all set for the season.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Might watch this depending on what else is announced. Not too wild about studio DEEN herky-jerky animation though.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Pangea wrote:

Its a fujoshi title
Durga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Manservice show? I'll take it. :3
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Winter 2013 is shaping up to be soooo much better than Winter 2012. I'm not sure if this series is for me, but overall I'm a lot more excited about this year's selection.
rheiders

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Very Happy Now I won't have to hunt down fansubs for this one.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll is really on fire with their streaming acquistion. Very Happy

Now if CR can make the PS3 App streaming for free (in order to watch it on PS3 you need a subscription yet I can watch CR for free on my smartphone), I might watch it on TV via PS3. Also I just bought a Smart TV powered by Google and I went to Google Play on my Smart TV and saw that CR is not compatible with Smart TV yet. I wonder if CR could kindly mke it compatible and make it for free like on my smartphone (No subscription required to watch it on Smart TV like on PS3).

This is the picture of the Smart TV I have at home:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
noigeL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:46 am Reply with quote
Is this series adapting the same source material as Hakkenden: Legend of the Dog Warriors? anime#249
MPR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:10 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to see this. It's Miyuki Abe's first anime adaption, so I hope all her fans can show her their support.

And no, it's not about the sister, though she is important. It's not a reverse harem show either. It's about the eight dog warriors, just as the synopsis says.

Think of it as being in the same vein as 07 Ghost, Amatsuki, Saiyuki, and Silver Diamond.

That being said, Miyuki Abe's storytelling has always struck me as very ambiguous (on many different levels). It's interesting to read, but I'm very curious as to whether it will work as an anime. I do have some doubts, especially since it's Studio DEEN. They aren't exactly known for their quality productions.

Please, let this get enough attention to get the manga licensed . . . I'm still waiting on Chihayafuru and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1