• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oreshura/Ore no Kanojo (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Oreshura

# of episodes: 12/13
Genres: Comedy, Romance, School

Plot Summary: A young boy called Eita enters high school aiming for the National University School of Medicine. Because of his parents' divorce and his goal, he shuns anything to do with romance or love. One day Masuzu, the school beauty with the silver hair, who's just returned to the country, enters his life in a most unexpected way. Chiwa, his childhood friend since elementary school, will not let this go without a fight.

Episode 1
I was happy to see a silver hair female protagonist, Masuzu. I was even happier when I found out the type of character Masuzu is, a manipulative girl who isn't afraid to blackmail Eita or lie to the entire school. I hope she is as awesome as Kanade from Mayo Chiki. Poor Eita, all he wanted was a quiet life to study so he can achieve his dream of entering med school. Now he has to deal with a spoiler[fake girlfriend and most likely a jealous childhood friend who wants to get in the way]. I got high hopes for this anime and hopefully it doesn't let down.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Although quite generic, I actually enjoyed the first episode. I found Chiwa to be quite annoying as well as the OP song to be a bit amusing. So, not all the characters are introduced yet but it's definitely heading to the love rivalry direction next time judging from the preview.

spoiler[Lol'd @ the notebook also tbh and nopan Laughing]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first episode. Nice animation, though I expect the quality to drop later on a little.

All in all, pretty nice. I kinda want Eita to get with Chiwa in the end (failing that, he should plow both Masuzu and Chiwa, but that'll never happen), but it probably won't happen.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

Now this is my kind of show, a ecchi harem like show, with some fun characters. His childhood friend, Chiwa, seemed alright although a little childish, I was seriously afraid they were going to make her fall over like teenage girls actually do that, but it seems that she may just get in trouble. She is still somewhat indearing despite the stock childhood friend thing.

Now for the main girl Masuzu, I really could not care much for the whole super popular thing with a nice smile, and all the guys want her, with a nice smile and voice. That is why spoiler[I was so happy when she turned out that she is very different, with harsh language and devious, makes her a much funner character than some stereotype beauty. Her blackmailing him] was awesome, she actually reminds me of spoiler[Kanade Suzutsuki from Mayo Chiki], who is one of my favourite anime characters.

And for the main character, his choice to focus on study is interesting, reminds me of the main character in Sumomomo Momomo, although the difference of chemistry will make this rather different. It also seems that he is a spoiler[recovered Chuunibyou]. They are so in right now.

Also really liked the OP song, Girlish Lover is just the sort of song I like from these sort of things. There are a couple more characters to come, so I don't know yet what the series will be like yet.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:47 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 1
she actually reminds me of spoiler[Kanade Suzutsuki from Mayo Chiki], who is one of my favourite anime characters.

Yup I felt the same way, I actually have been rewatching that show the past 2 days lol.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
shame the childhood friend will get the short end of the stick with this.

so far so good hope they keep it up through the series.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
ep.1

spoiler[so um eita is person who focus on his things & etc but is anti-love person give til meet masuzu-silver give seem a bit huh til masuzu confess for eita.

til reveal eita alone talk masuzu is faking the confess reveal she also same eita of being anti-love person so masuzu as eita to a boyfriend to her.

or else masuzu will spread the eita's "secret life" to everywhere from school to i-net give no choice but forced to do it give concern how chiwa-orange reaction to being masuzu's boyfriend?]

yea part feel like tonari this with male person version of shizuku + chunibyo give male person has secret past tried to hit til forced do things + anti-love person = eita

wonder how this goes?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Let's just get this out of the way, shall we?

99% probability: Masuzu and Eita will end up as real lovers. Any bets?

After one episode I find myself quite charmed and I can see where both characters are coming from. Even though Eita spoiler[lost the conflict (this round at least)], it is nice to see a male lead in an anime romance being able to interact with the opposite sex without being a clown.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote
omg, i'm believe i like this anime. I though this is going to be one of the worst show this season.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:19 am Reply with quote
Well, in addition to all the study-loving antecedents already mentioned, we have to add Shizuku from the recently finished My Little Monster.

This seems like a fun little show. I'm desperate to find shows I can drop because if I don't, I'm going to end up following 33 shows at once and that's just insane (just happened to get involved with a bunch of shows last season that ended up being 2-cours, dammit). This one may be a candidate for the chopping block - not because it's bad or anything but something's gotta give.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
but something's gotta give.

With that kind of addiction why don't you just go pro?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote
I would, but the pay is crap. Thank God five of the shows I'm watching this season are shorts (2-5 minutes per episode).
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:09 pm Reply with quote
So far, this is really good. However, everyone looks really bright, and it's kinda distracting

Blood- wrote:

This seems like a fun little show. I'm desperate to find shows I can drop because if I don't, I'm going to end up following 33 shows at once and that's just insane (just happened to get involved with a bunch of shows last season that ended up being 2-cours, dammit).

good god, 33?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I mis-counted. I am currently watching 18 titles and there are 13 new ones that either I haven't checked out yet or that haven't aired yet. Assuming I watch and keep all 13 remaining titles, that would be 31 shows to keep abreast of. However, right now 5 of my 18 shows are shorts, so there are only 13 that have full-length episodes.

People always get freaked out by a large number, but even with full length episodes, each title only represents about 24 minutes a week (less, really, since I tend to skip OPs and EDs after I've seen them a few times). But let's assume each show represents a time commitment of 24 minutes a week and I watch 30 of them: that would amount to 12 hours of viewing over a seven day period, or a little less than an hour and three-quarters each day. Considering I don't watch any regular television at all, 12 hours spread out over a week is not super onerous and represents less time in front of a screen than the average TV viewer (who can easily put in 20 or more hours a week).

However, I do like do other things besides watching anime, so I find that if I try to follow more than 20 shows a week, I end up falling behind, as I am now.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:52 pm Reply with quote
im not freaked out one bit as i'm probably going to keep up with about 21-22 shows this season, several being carryovers from last season. 33 was just a bit of a suprise
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9