• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Elfen Lied Confirmed for January 28 But Place Promised Cancelled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quote
Charming. The violent wank fest (and, let's not kid ourselves, it can wax lyrical about how it's the lament of how the Psycic Hand Monsters are apparently better than humanity but that's not what any person buying the thing is in for, they're in for the horrific body multiation, girls wetting themselves and episode five...christ...episode five.) gets the red carpet treatment and the film that's actually worth a constituted damn is cancelled.

These guys will fit right in with Magna and MVM!
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
*cough*
Quote:
101 Films have subsequently confirmed that the film has now been picked up for release by another distributor.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
12skippy21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Charming. The violent wank fest (and, let's not kid ourselves, it can wax lyrical about how it's the lament of how the Psycic Hand Monsters are apparently better than humanity but that's not what any person buying the thing is in for, they're in for the horrific body multiation, girls wetting themselves and episode five...christ...episode five.) gets the red carpet treatment and the film that's actually worth a constituted damn is cancelled.

I'm more offended at the price, £50, they can piss off!
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quote
So it transpires that the Place Promised was ultimately a promise misplaced.
Fortunately, it is not the case that the Elfen Lied.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Takuku

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quote
12skippy21 wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

HMV have it for £37 at the moment...
12skippy21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Takuku wrote:
12skippy21 wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

Bit better I suppose but I tend not to pay anymore than £1 per episode unless it is a show I really want, which Elfen lied is not.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:07 pm Reply with quote
£1 per ep??? you make people who download look good.
Just Passing Through

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:13 am Reply with quote
12skippy21 wrote:
Takuku wrote:
12skippy21 wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

Bit better I suppose but I tend not to pay anymore than £1 per episode unless it is a show I really want, which Elfen lied is not.

If you can spin Region 1, it's just under £20 + P&P at UP1USA
Tratious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Just Passing Through wrote:
12skippy21 wrote:
Takuku wrote:
12skippy21 wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

and it's even cheaper at Amazon.com
the price in Dollars in 21.93 but in pounds it's only £13.65+shipping.
Just Passing Through

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:07 am Reply with quote
Tratious wrote:
12skippy21 wrote:
Takuku wrote:
12skippy21 wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

That shipping puts it just over £16, but if you get it from Amazon.co.uk, it's around £14.50.

Damn! It's still more than £1 an episode. Just over £1.10. We can't satisfy Skippy's criteria!
12skippy21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote
Tratious wrote:
12skippy21 wrote:
Takuku wrote:
12skippy21 wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

That shipping puts it just over £16, but if you get it from Amazon.co.uk, it's around £14.50.

Damn! It's still more than £1 an episode. Just over £1.10. We can't satisfy Skippy's criteria!

Very Happy I am sure I could stretch to £1.10 if needs be.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Even at £1.10 you still make people who download a lot better hell there are people who download and still look better than those who buy those £50+ boxsets(which consist one 4 or 5 discs crammed into 1 DVD box)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1