• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - April 1st - April 7th

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caro-chan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 am Reply with quote
Wow Brian, no Cowboy Bebop? I agree with all the rest though - we can just tack it on as #11 or something. ^_^
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rªdì¢âl_£Ð

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:21 am Reply with quote
Cowboy Bebop as #11 is a blasphemy. And what about FLCL, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Trigun, Paranoia Agent, and Samurai Champloo among others?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:29 am Reply with quote
Umm, Zac doesn't do this article. Brian does.

Anyhow, I liked reading the Top 10 TV dubs. I personally would have liked to see R.O.D. the TV (probably my alltime favorite dub) on there, but that's just my personal opinion. I was suprised to see Gundam Wing on there, but I agree that it had a very good dub, certainly among the best (in its time, if not now). It's a pity that the other Gundam dubs, in my experience, haven't lived up to it. Sad

Has it really been 3 years since Castle in the Sky came out on DVD? I thought Disney just released the Miyazaki films last year.
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:32 am Reply with quote
The series finale of Yu Yu Hakusho has come, and gone by this time (a bit late this week are we? Well better late than never). Man, it's been nearly 4 years since YYH started on CN and they've finally finished it. I'm happy. Even though I've got the DVDs it was still nice to finish were I started.
Puppy Puncher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:32 am Reply with quote
In regards to Top Ten: APRIL FOOLS! LOL
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:03 pm Reply with quote
I really hope that list is an April Fool's joke.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:04 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I really hope that list is an April Fool's joke.
So do I. There may be no Cowboy Bebop, but now we get Trigun. After the umpteenth rerun, both titles start to sound and look the same in my head.
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Get a clue, people. It's far easier to dub an adult-oriented show and keep it in-line with the original Japanese than with child programme. GITS, Trigun, and Bebop are all nice, but I expect quality treatment for those shows. Dragonball, FMA, and Naruto could have recieved lobotomies but didn't; I call that seriously significant.
RezSav

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:28 pm Reply with quote
I don't know, he put pokemon in, but then he also put in FMA. So it's kinda hard to tell. If it is an april fools joke wtf is wrong with you? FMA was GREAT and Lupin the Third PWNED IT LIKE NO ONE'S BUSINESS!!!

Anyways, I am a little miserable today being as how I missed Yu Yu Hakusho this morning. I didn't start watching it until last week, so later that day I checked it out on ANN.com and found it only had 112 episodes, and that whole Saturday I had this nagging thought - "Damn, missed out on a good show..."

Well, with my regrets aside, what was the last show like? A recap, or more fanservicy i.e. the main protagonist finally kissed the girl, loose-ends tied.

Last edited by RezSav on Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:37 pm Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
Well, with my regrets aside, what was the last show like? A recap, or more fanservicy i.e. the main protagonist finally kissed the girl, loose-ends tied.

The latter, more or less; there's some very brief recapping but it's done through dialogue. Put it this way, I've watched it on CN since it first aired on Toonami (I missed it on AS) and the ending left me satisfied.
malikchan17

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Um, Yu-Gi-Oh on KidsWB is actually new, not a rerun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:25 pm Reply with quote
This is probably something I should've clarified in the actual article, but the reason Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and others didn't make the list is because those shows had dubs that were produced for home video FIRST; their TV airings came much later. I wanted to include shows where dubs were made specifically when the series had a TV contract nailed down before any dubbing work was even started. i.e., FMA's last episode was shown, dubbed, two weeks ago, while that same episode won't be on DVD until a good many months from now. Trigun was dubbed and ready in 2000, but TV viewers didn't get a whiff of the show until spring 2003.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shorty22

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:58 pm Reply with quote
malikchan17 wrote:
Um, Yu-Gi-Oh on KidsWB is actually new, not a rerun.

Yeah, it's finally new again! I practically did a little dance... in my head. Embarassed

Until I saw promos for it last week, I was wondering if they were ever going to bring it back, it seems as if it's been gone forever... partly because I'd been interested in the storyline but mostly because I can't really remember the last time KidsWB took Yugioh off their morning lineup.
cardcaptormanda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:07 pm Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:
This is probably something I should've clarified in the actual article,

You should clarify in the article! I was just about to get all upset Cowboy Bebop and Hellsing weren’t on that list. Anime smile + sweatdrop
patch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Either someone was joking or you have lost all of your credability AFAIK. Not even considering the fact you excluded one of the only anime english dubs where many agree is better overall than the japanese dub, Cowboy Bebop, but also not give to another series that you proudly use as your banner, Samurai Champloo?

lame Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3