• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Manga to End in 12th Volume

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan9999

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:21 pm Reply with quote
The anime was very good, hopefully the bundled extra ep animates the ending.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully we'll get to see the rest of the series animated. I hope someone translates the original manga into English.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote
The anime was fun to watch but left many questions.

to many questions open at the end of it.
hpulley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
They only did the first 4 books out of eventually 12 so they could make another season or two out of it if they wanted to but given sales and the fact that the manga is ending, I wonder if they will have a reason to do so. A shame as it was unique in many ways.

My copy of volume 11 will arrive on Monday if weather and DHL cooperate.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Hopefully we'll get to see the rest of the series animated. I hope someone translates the original manga into English.
\
You read my mind, comrade.

Really loved this series so far. Hope to see and own it in its entirety.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Hoping for a Season 2 on this series tbh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Twelve volumes is a reasonable length for someone here to license. Hoping Kodansha USA brings it over, or Vertical tries it. It's a quirky shoujo, but maybe not quirky or dark enough for Vertical's tastes.
FlamingLight

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quote
They could easily do a S2 that animates the rest now, I hope they do that.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:10 am Reply with quote
Waiting for my co-worker to buy vol.11 so I can borrow it. Anime hyper
hamsterfactor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:44 am Reply with quote
Twelve volumes is a nice length for a manga, looking forward to see how it ends. Shame Mitty won't end up with Yamaken Mad
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:27 am Reply with quote
I just finished reading volume 11. I'm looking at the final pages with the ads for the BD/DVD, and solicitation for vol.12 in Summer 2013.

Umm....... Nowhere do I see it saying anything about the series ending with the 12th volume. The page shown in the news article just says that the series will be reaching its climax, and the bottom left says that the May issue of Dessert will include the results of the character poll, and that vol.12 will be released Summer 2013 with a version that includes an OAD.

Did someone misread something because really, I don't see anything about the series ending. o_O; I suppose the series could possibly end with the next volume, but there's no definitive information saying that it will.

And I just noticed that the source for this news is a tweet in French. What?
hpulley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:50 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
I just finished reading volume 11. I'm looking at the final pages with the ads for the BD/DVD, and solicitation for vol.12 in Summer 2013.

Umm....... Nowhere do I see it saying anything about the series ending with the 12th volume. The page shown in the news article just says that the series will be reaching its climax, and the bottom left says that the May issue of Dessert will include the results of the character poll, and that vol.12 will be released Summer 2013 with a version that includes an OAD.

Did someone misread something because really, I don't see anything about the series ending. o_O; I suppose the series could possibly end with the next volume, but there's no definitive information saying that it will.

And I just noticed that the source for this news is a tweet in French. What?

My copy of volume 11 is stuck in DHL hell so I haven't read it yet Sad. Usually they are reliable, I should have had it Monday. But I hope you're right.

Have you tried tweeting Dessert magazine? If not, I will. If this was Sukitte (volume 10 of that is also stuck on the truck) I would ask Kanae as she replies to me but Robico never does...
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:22 am Reply with quote
hpulley wrote:
My copy of volume 11 is stuck in DHL hell so I haven't read it yet Sad. Usually they are reliable, I should have had it Monday. But I hope you're right.

Have you tried tweeting Dessert magazine? If not, I will. If this was Sukitte (volume 10 of that is also stuck on the truck) I would ask Kanae as she replies to me but Robico never does...

I'm not going to tweet the magazine's account about what some English anime news website posted. ^^;

ANN lists vol.11 as the primary source of the news but unless I'm totally blind, and I'm pretty sure I'm not, there's nothing on the page that says the series is ending. The only thing that mentions anything about the "last volume" is that tweet in French, but I think they are mistaken.
hpulley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
hpulley wrote:

I'm not going to tweet the magazine's account about what some English anime news website posted. ^^;

ANN lists vol.11 as the primary source of the news but unless I'm totally blind, and I'm pretty sure I'm not, there's nothing on the page that says the series is ending. The only thing that mentions anything about the "last volume" is that tweet in French, but I think they are mistaken.

I think they assumed that クライマックス "climax" means the end. That can mean the middle but often does mean near the end. Certainly doesn't seem to clearly say its over in the next volume.

Dessert must not care about English or French manga news as everyone and their dog retweeted that message.

Edit: It's here! With Sukitte 10 and Nakaimo 9... have lots of reading to do...
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote
hpulley wrote:
I think they assumed that クライマックス "climax" means the end. That can mean the middle but often does mean near the end. Certainly doesn't seem to clearly say its over in the next volume.

Exactly, so it's a pretty big assumption to make and I don't think ANN should say it's fact when it's not clearly written so.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2