• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Cosplay Flash Mob in Bristol February 17

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pippin4242

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote
Thanks ever so much for sharing this, oh amorphous people in the probably-American aether - it probably sounds like a funny little event hundreds of miles away to whoever so kindly posted the article, but for me, that's my sixth anniversary, and it just so happens that I'm going to a con with my partner the previous day. We'll be in Bristol on that morning with two full costumes and props, and nothing to do but make memories. This is perfect! Thank you so much. :3
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Hmm? UK news is usually posted by Andrew Osmond, the UK editor (who is from Slough according to LinkedIn).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Hmm? UK news is usually posted by Andrew Osmond, the UK editor (who is from Slough according to LinkedIn).

Confirmed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Pippin4242

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:00 am Reply with quote
Oh alright, but surely you know what I mean... even the UK news on anime sites tends to be very London this, Edinburgh that... just cool to see Bristol right up there, and I was grateful that an America-based organisation cared enough to have someone post that information.
andyos
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:01 am Reply with quote
Glad to be of service. Smile Actually, I'm based in Ascot - not so far from Slough, but a different town.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:36 am Reply with quote
You'll see the same on UK sites (if you'll notice, this news was sourced via Anime UK News). London and Glasgow are where everything happens (and I think the latter mainly due to the efforts of Andrew Partridge and his Scotland Loves Anime).
We've have something called the Kotatsu Festival for a few years locally, but I've missed out on all but one year due to lack of advertising.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I was of the prior belief that a "flash mob" is reliant upon stealth whilst preparing its assembly. Surely, to make a public announcement is to forgo the virtue of later surprise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1