• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:

Bought it twice....original and then slim pack perhaps? I bought it twice myself. First vhs than dvd set lol. Another one similar but a bit more.....light perhaps is a good word, is Stellvia. I seem to not see too many people mention watching that one.

Yup, old ADV boxset, then the new remaster. I've seen some of Stellvia, but I liked Infinite Ryvius much better.

Last edited by trilaan on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
1barakt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Name: Barak

Sex: Male

Blood Type: I wish to know it same as you xD

Location: Jerusalem,Israel (Want to move away to Canada/USA/Japan after the army)

Marital Status: Single

Religion: Jewish

Pets: Don't have any.

Drink/Smoke: Don't drink and Don't smoke,hope I'll never will,I hate even to see someone drinking or smoking.

Dislikes: Cigarettes and alcohol.

Favorite anime: Death Note,Code Geass and 07-Ghost.

Favorite Manga : Just started to read mangas ><Favorite><Favorite><
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Updated my Intro with some pics I just finished making.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:

Bought it twice....original and then slim pack perhaps? I bought it twice myself. First vhs than dvd set lol. Another one similar but a bit more.....light perhaps is a good word, is Stellvia. I seem to not see too many people mention watching that one.

Yup, old ADV boxset, then the new remaster. I've seen some of Stellvia, but I liked Infinite Ryvius much better.

I would agree. Always The Irresponsible Captain Tylor as well. That show is just funny. Like your horns btw lol. Must be hard shopping for hats heh.
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:

I would agree. Always The Irresponsible Captain Tylor as well. That show is just funny.

As a matter of fact, I think I can successfully claim to be the world's biggest Tylor fan. I have the Tylor issue of Newtype, the original novels(can't read em....yet), the short manga and I've bought the anime regular series 5 different times and the OVA's twice.

Psycho 101 wrote:

Like your horns btw lol. Must be hard shopping for hats heh.

Yah, I have to make my own horn holes until I can afford a custom-made fedora.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote
By_the_Jelly_Beans? wrote:
trilaan wrote:

Rescued 2 toddlers from drowning in the hotel the swimming pool in the middle of the night, various other preventions of death or injury while on the job.

I work Night Audit at a hotel too!....actually I guess I might as well say "use to." I've had enough and put in my notice.

Sounds like you work at an interesting place that attracts a certain kind of people. Last hotel I worked at attracted hookers and druggies....odd seing that we worked with police who also patrolled are parking lot. Guess you could say I have ruined over 20 lives.

Welcome to the Forums!

My wife was a lifeguard, and had to effect many rescues over her career. You'd be amazed how stupid people can be around the water.

Then she dumped me off a tube while running the boat some time later! Good thing i had the vest on.
Hey! Listen!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote
All right I'll do the proper ceremonial intro post for my first post. I apologize if it's too long. I'll shorten it if needed/

Name: Tyler James Hanson

Blood Type: B? I think Confused

Marital Satus: Got a girlfriend

Ethnicity: American Native, German, Swedish

Religion: Christian, I don't think it matters what kind of christian you are (Catholic, Protestant, or Orthodox) but I wish Christians weren't stereotyped as paranoid, boring people. Also sucks being the only one in the household...

Drinking/Smoke: I remember taking a swig of beer once and thought it was horrible. I don't think I'll ever give smoking a shot since a relative got cancer from smoking.

Likes: Video games, tinkering with anything electronic, anime (duh), playing music, and messing with friends.

Dislikes: Uwe Bowl movies... never getting enough sleep.

Favorite Anime: Eureka Seven for getting me into anime in general, Clannad (funny story about how I watched this), anything to do with Miyazaki.

Favorite Manga: I don't read too much Manga anymore since it's so expensive. But anything CLAMP was also a HUGE part of getting me into manga and have full collections of almost everything CLAMP. Currently collecting Bakuman right now and am enjoying it.

Favorite Game: Anything by Fumito Udea (ICO and Shadow of the Colossus) with SotC being on top. Just a simple, fantastic game that I always come back to.

Favorite Movies: Saving Private Ryan, Full Metal Jacket, GoodFellas, The Godfather. Basically any good army or gangster movies.

Favorite TV Shows: 24, Ancient Ailens because it's so fing stupid, Psych and almost everything else on USA, 30 Rock, Friends, and a huge SNL fan.

Sports: I can't play any due to a birth defect on my foot but I watch just about everything I can catch.

Favorite Music: I grew up with hard rock and listen to that mostly. But I listen to just about everything else except Country. I just don't like it Evil or Very Mad

Hobbies: Gaming, Computer & Laptop tinkering, writing stories, and playing instruments.

Triva Time!:
I was born with a bad right foot and spent a year of my life on crutches and a cast on my right foot Razz

I have high-functioning autism (forgive me if I'm wrong as I always get high and low functioning mixed up) and slight ADHD

I'm completely blind in my left eye but have perfect 20 in my right.

I have a twin sister and a whole minute older than her Very Happy

I'm a head admin in my gaming clan if that means anything to anyone.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quote
Updated my anime list. That was a PITA!!! Twisted Evil Now I suppose I'll have to put some intelligent ratings on them.
savarast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Name: Savarast, always Savarast. Ever saw that name online before? it was, almost without fail, me.
Blood Type: Dunno
Marital Status: Commonlaw relationship. 7 years together pratically married
Ethnicity: German, plus a mix of many other european bloods
Religion: Agnostic Atheist (strong atheist)
Pets: two cats and a guinea pig
Drink/Smoke: Don't enjoy either, so not really.
Likes: Anime, Manga, Figures, Video Games, Hiking, Nature, Science, Philosophy, and Debates
Dislikes: Religious fanaticism. people who act/talk before they think, disorganization, confrontation
Favorite anime: Can't really choose one... Maybe Spice and Wolf, Steins: Gate, Oreimo, or Scientific Railgun
Favorite Manga (Light novels): Read as above
Favorite Books:Dragonlance Series and pretty much any D&D fantasy
Favorite game: Diablo II, FFX, Starcraft, Zelda OoT, Super Mario World, and recently Farcry3, but not to the same extent.
Favorite TV shows/Movies: Firefly was fun (no fanboying), Game of Thrones, Mythbusters and anything that can teach me something (Lost of BBC stuff)
Favorite Drink: Raspberry Vodka +Club Soda + sugar, Somersby Cider.
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coca Cola
Favorite Foods: Teppanyaki, Sushi, Ramen from abroad. Poutine from my Quebec heritage
Favorite Sites: 4chan, Mandarake, Amazon, ANN, Animefreak
Favorite Music: Orchestral compositions, electric, Prozzak, OST's from anime/games. Most of my music doesn't have have words
Job: Sales (BESTBUY YAY)
Hobbies: Anime, Manga, Collecting Figures, Hiking, Refinishing Furniture, Playing/DMing D&D, Swimming, Kayaking, Video Games
Favorite Quotes:

"Believing in lies is the path to ignorance"

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?” -Epicurus
momthemeatloaf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Forgot to put this in my intro, but if anyone here plays Magic the Gathering, specifically Magic Online, add me! Username is Shmexmage.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:34 pm Reply with quote
So many new males! Hello guys! How about we make a sausage barbecue?
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Hey! Listen! wrote:

What do you play?
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote
savarast wrote:

Preferences (other than Epicurus)?
Ignatz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:11 am Reply with quote
[edit]

Last edited by Ignatz on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:27 am; edited 826 times in total
A Mystery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:44 am Reply with quote
@Ignatz: I know you'll dislike me now, but not everyone plays clarinet on a high level, so I find that very interesting Wink. Do you play in some kind of orchestra too?

Welcome to the forum Smile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 175 of 233