Forum - View topic
Thoughts on the Lagrange dub.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:43 am Reply with quote
So yeah... Not very impressed with it as a whole, to be honest. Confused

Main gripes:

1.) It's pronounced "MAH-doh-kah". Not "ma-DOH-kah". Say it right, or don't say it at all. Mad

2.) Kira Buckland? Yeah... NOT main character material. Go back to doing abridged series on the internet, honey.

3.) OH LOOK. Michelle Ruff is voicing an emotionless alien character. DULL SURPRISE!!!! Rolling Eyes

4.) I heard Christine Marie-Cabanos within the first 8 minutes. That instantly merits me spitting on it and rubbing it out with my foot. Evil or Very Mad

So yeah, usually this would convince me to drop the show altogether.....

...but then at the very end, we got a freakin' GIANT ROBOT SUPLEX. Shocked

After that happened, I'm pretty much obligated to follow the rest of the show. But still.... The dub? Definitely needs a "DO BETTER!!!" mark. Confused
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:37 am Reply with quote
Other than Madoka's pronuciation I thought it was pretty good. I thought Madoka's VA was high energy and the rest are preety good too. I'd give it a B-
Thenobleshinobi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quote
It was a great show for me! Madoka seems like a good spunky energetic character, someone who would always keep you smiling if she was around, not too impressed with Laffinty yet as she hasn't had much dialogue did like her little "woof!" surprise scene but I'm eager to see how her character develops,the overall animation looks great and reminds me of Eureka 7 a bit but seems like it has a lot of potential in my book.

The VA's seem to be doing a good job, didn't make me want to stop watching at all.
getchman
Space CowboySpace Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I have no major complaints with the casting choices. so far, i think everyone has done a good job. I don't really care that much about the name pronunciation issue. Hiroshi's VA, Buba Chow, sounds an awfully lot like Kirk Thornton
Divineking

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I have no major complaints with the casting choices. so far, i think everyone has done a good job. I don't really care that much about the name pronunciation issue. Hiroshi's VA, Buba Chow, sounds an awfully lot like Kirk Thornton

It;s probably just him using an alias. Why exactly though, I'm not sure.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Thenobleshinobi wrote:
It was a great show for me! Madoka seems like a good spunky energetic character, someone who would always keep you smiling if she was around, not too impressed with Laffinty yet as she hasn't had much dialogue did like her little "woof!" surprise scene but I'm eager to see how her character develops,the overall animation looks great and reminds me of Eureka 7 a bit but seems like it has a lot of potential in my book.

The VA's seem to be doing a good job, didn't make me want to stop watching at all.

Pretty much agree, off to a great start Smile
Neon Alley Moderator
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for your input. I've forwarded over this conversation to our TV production team so they can give notes to the dub studio.
lielie112

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
well it is an English dub, that means name pronunciations are gonna differ from time to time.

I'm really enjoying the episodes so far. Very Happy

I too loved that Giant Robot German Suplex Cool Karl Gotch would be proud...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1