• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: "Shin Megami Tensei Meets Fire Emblem" Title Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:13 am Reply with quote
I have no idea what this could possibly involve. I want it anyways.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:22 am Reply with quote
Whoa, this was totally unexpected! Especially since it looks like they're even actually going to release this in Europe.
sepherest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:50 am Reply with quote
I love Fire Emblem and SMT, so that's pretty cool. There also used to be a Fire Emblem-esque Megaten series that wasn't too bad.

....I really don't want to buy a Wii U though.
My interest in buying Nintendo consoles diminishes with every new one they release, even with SMT being on them.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 am Reply with quote
Wow the crossover games scene is quite getting interesting. I wonder when we'll see a Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter (don't worry about the gore, I have a creative non-gory fatalities in my mind), or a Playstation all stars Battle Royale X Super Smash Bros, that would be one hell of a crossover. I like to see western game doing some cool crossover (Japan seems to come up with the coolest crossover) like here's my cool ideas of a crossovers:

-CSI: NY/Law & Order: SVU/Criminal Minds/Without a trace video game crossover
-Tomb Raider/Uncharted crossover
-James Bond/Jason Bourne crossover
-Supernatural/Grimm/X-files crossover

Crossover I would like Japan and US could come up with:

-Metal Gear/Splinter Cell crossover
-Star Ocean/Mass Effect crossover
-Dark Souls/Dragon's Dogma/Dragon Age/Elder Scrolls crossover

Beside cool crossovers Japan does, they made some crossovers that don't make any sense like Compati Hero series. Oh come on, Gundam Ultraman and Kamen Rider in Super Deformed format. That would be like USA making a Superman/James Bond/Tintin crossover video game with story that wouldn't make any sense. I could say the same for other weird crossover game from Japan like Super Hero Operations. I wonder why we haven't thought of this for Marvel and DC superheroes, that would make an excellent superhero RPG-style game, I'm all for Warner Bros and Disney paying Banpresto for making a DC/Marvel heroes crossover video game.

Last edited by mdo7 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Dude, Kamen Riders can totally go toe to toe with Gundams. Have you seen some of the stuff they fight? Man, take into account the mental attacks, and there's quite a number of Gundam pilots that would be quivering messes if they went up against the Terror Dopant.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:30 pm Reply with quote
yay?
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Dude, Kamen Riders can totally go toe to toe with Gundams. Have you seen some of the stuff they fight? Man, take into account the mental attacks, and there's quite a number of Gundam pilots that would be quivering messes if they went up against the Terror Dopant.

Still the crossover doesn't make any sense, as I said it would be like somebody making a Superman/James Bond/Tintin crossover game with a ridiculous story that don't make any sense. Also Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe shows that not all crossover really work, the storyline in MK vs DC didn't make any sense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Still the crossover doesn't make any sense, as I said it would be like somebody making a Superman/James Bond/Tintin crossover game with a ridiculous story that don't make any sense

Inazuma Eleven VS Danball Senki proves you can make a crossover series between Soccer and Mecha and make it work. Anything is possible for them.
DomonX2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

God Gundam and Master Gundam would solo Karmen Rider. Hell, even the 00 Qan(T) could do it.
DomonX2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Still the crossover doesn't make any sense, as I said it would be like somebody making a Superman/James Bond/Tintin crossover game with a ridiculous story that don't make any sense

Inazuma Eleven VS Danball Senki proves you can make a crossover series between Soccer and Mecha and make it work. Anything is possible for them.

Did one of them rip off Wing Zero Custom's pose? If so, then I have no hope for that movie, since Wing Zero Custom sucks and ripping off something that sucks will make it suck.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Yeah and after watching the trailer this crossover look stupid. Soccer vs mecha?? If it was Inazuma Eleven meet Captain Tsubasa, that would make more sense. But that trailer you show me, I don't even know what to say, I facepalmed. This is why some crossover don't work. I guess some people would like to see a Superman/James Bond/Tintin crossover with a story that doesn't make any sense.
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Sepherest wrote:
I love Fire Emblem and SMT, so that's pretty cool. There also used to be a Fire Emblem-esque Megaten series that wasn't too bad.

Yup...Majin Tensei which was released for the Super Famicom. This crossover is like a new Majin Tensei.

I am now interested in a Wii U....
holanio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:05 pm Reply with quote
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH! I have no idea what they're planning, but the sheer names in this collab are epic, THEREFORE... (why does it have to be for the Wii U D'Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1