• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cookin' Idol Ai! Mai! Main! Replaced With Cooking Sentai Show

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:49 am Reply with quote
Nooooooo, Akiko Kobayashi!!! Will we ever hear your wonderful voice as a cat again?!
Sparvid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:14 am Reply with quote
Oh no! Now I have to find a new guilty pleasure Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nt0-CYfndg
NGK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Sparvid wrote:

In that video above... can a Japanese expert here (no google engrish pls) tell me what this dude is saying? This is a top rated comment in that video above:

jun0502 1 year ago
この番組はどう考えてもキモオタ向けに制作している。子供番組に­必要なもの以上の要素が組み込まれすぎ。こんな番組があるから日­本はロリコンが大量生産されちまうんだよ、いい加減ロリオタ共も­目覚ませよ!んでこの番組いつやってんだよ!教えろよ!
Reply · 31
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quote
NGK wrote:
Sparvid wrote:

In that video above... can a Japanese expert here (no google engrish pls) tell me what this dude is saying? This is a top rated comment in that video above:

jun0502 1 year ago
この番組はどう考えてもキモオタ向けに制作している。子供番組に­必要なもの以上の要素が組み込まれすぎ。こんな番組があるから日­本はロリコンが大量生産されちまうんだよ、いい加減ロリオタ共も­目覚ませよ!んでこの番組いつやってんだよ!教えろよ!
Reply · 31

He's basically saying that the show is marketed towards creepy pedo otaku, and that it puts in more than what's needed in a kid's show. He gets angry and says "tell me how long this show is going to keep running?!"
NGK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:13 pm Reply with quote
... word is that there's even a doujin manga in circulation featuring that live "cooking idol" character. Laughing
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
NGK wrote:
Sparvid wrote:

jun0502 1 year ago
Reply · 31

Something about lolicons and lolitas? Laughing

mewpudding101 wrote:

He's basically saying that the show is marketed towards creepy pedo otaku, and that it puts in more than what's needed in a kid's show.

But they always do that - thought they'd be desensitized to that by now! Laughing
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Yeah that's the jist of what I got from that too. Laughing Paedos need to learn to cook too. Laughing
NGK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
NGK wrote:
Sparvid wrote:

jun0502 1 year ago
キモオタ。­。­、ロリオタ­!!!
Reply · 31

He's basically saying that the show is marketed towards creepy pedo otaku, and that it puts in more than what's needed in a kid's show. He gets angry and says "tell me how long this show is going to keep running?!"

Talk about major, totally miss aimed fan!

speaking of kimo-otas... Looks like they've taken things to a whole new level Laughing

Quote:

Kiddy Event “Ruined by Creepy Lolicon Otaku”

Much criticism has been directed at creepy otaku who swarmed an event for little children in order to get a chance to touch the show’s adolescent presenters, buying up all the goods on offer and leaving none for the little kiddies in the process.

The controversy centres on an “Oha-girl” (referring to the youthful assistants who appear on TV Tokyo’s “Oha-star”) handshaking event, ostensibly held for the benefit of the young children the morning TV programme is aimed at.

Buyers of the “miracle spin baton” sold at the event also got a signed photograph of the girls and the chance for a handshake, and therein the problems arose – creepy lolicon otaku buyers soon bought up all the batons, some buying ten or more, leaving none for the children.

Attendees (admittedly not themselves in much of a position to criticise others) were soon complaining about this and the sheer number of “big friends” in attendance – although as in fairness all this could easily be headed off by only letting children or families attend, it seems odd that the organisers who ultimately profit escape censure:

[NSFW] http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/03/19/kiddy-event-ruined-by-creepy-lolicon-otaku/ [/NSFW]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1