• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
.hack//Roots (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Frankman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Kelly wrote:
Thanks for the update, Deltakiral. So, more like SIGN than Legend of the Twilight? Sounds good.

Already I like //roots. .hack//DUSK was a sin against The Lord.

And BTW KuzuryuuTakumi,
"What the world . . . needs now,
are catgirls . . . sweet catgirls,
that's the only thing . . . that there's
just . . . too little of."
Laughing

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/hack/art-15-mia.jpg
I'm sorry, but to me she looks more rabbit than cat. The ears . . .
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:32 am Reply with quote
Ok, finally episode 3 came out (took way too long Evil or Very Mad )
spoiler[Haseo gets invitations from both the Twilight Brigade and TaN. However in the end, he accepts the invitation from the Twilight Brigade.
One scene in particular caught my interest - Haseo is loitering around on the bridge in MacAnu when the background goes in inverse colours (sort of...) and everyone else disappears. Things seem to move in slow motion and Haseo sees Ovan who disappears. When Haseo asks Tawaraya about it, he doesn't know what he's talking about. So, theories about this scene would be welcome. I don't know what to make of it, but perhaps it could be the work of some form of AIDA? I hope other people can make more sense out of it than me...]

Well that's enough of my nonsense Laughing
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Well I finally got a chance to see episode three, (stupid bills) anyhow lets get right into it spoiler[Sorta a meh episode in my opinion but at least it is starting to set up some of the frame work in later episodes. Anyhow about the inverse color, I don't know if you play the game when that happened and the color kept flickering between normal and inverse, your character (Or Kite) was in a highly infected area. Now what that means, Ovan is infected I am not sure if that is true, but that arm sure points to something. Anyways I am not sure what was going on, perhaps that why Haseo is special because he can see infected areas or something.] I can't wait for the next episode of this show, more importantly I want my PS2 to be working before the game comes out.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:03 am Reply with quote
I'm probably being slow, but after watching the new trailer of G.U from dothackers.net, spoiler[i found that Haseo's facial tattoos seem to change shape from time to time - is there any explanation for this?]

Also, how come there isn't any news about this in any Uk gaming magazines? After reading that Play mag USA has already played GU, I'm starting to wonder if we will even get it in the UK Sad
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Well GU comes out in the US sometime during this calendar year, my bet is on November. IF your PAL then more than likely you got another 4-5 months for it to reach you.
Dignara

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Having watched all 3 episodes back to back (and now waiting for the 4th) I think I like the series. The music is good and the graphics are great of course, but I am still a little unsure of the plot/storyline. It seems to act a little like SIGN but with several of the main players (Ovan and his gal guild friend and the TaNs) knowing what Haseo is..sort of (well the Tans just knew Ovan had made his move but it didn't really mention how much hard info they had.)
Looks good to me though I will reserve absolute judgement for another couple of episodes.

I do like the old 'guy' (?) floating cat with the cats who unplugged his connection during one the chats with Haseo!

And cat girls are an opportunity to make a few bucks on young fellows who like to see that sort of thing. I hadn't realized that the voice of tabby was also the voice of Mimiru of the SIGN series
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:32 am Reply with quote
episode 4 - spoiler[Quite a bit happens here. Tawaraya and Ender are conducting some shady business and we get to see the Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground R2 style (it's exactly the same as before - minus one Aura statue).
Sakisaka doesn't like the fact that he's being left to "babysit" Tabby while Haseo gets to go with Ovan and Shino. He takes this out on Haseo right before Shino bursts in claiming that Tabby was PKed.]

My opinion - this is the episode that finally sets the ball rolling.
spoiler[For Tabby, it looks like her self-esteem may drop after being PKed - and I have to wonder, who PKed her? Ender? Gord? After all, to me it looks like Sakisaka left Tabby in the care of Gord before taking off to the @home and seeing Haseo.
Also, in the preview, we seem to see Tri-edges symbol carved into a wall. Personally, I don't think we'll be seeing him so early in the series.
And lastly, I'd like to see more of Haseo vs Sakisaka Laughing ]

Thats all for now Cool There'll be more when I can think of it.

EDIT: spoiler[I just realised that Gord left Tabby and Sakisaka before Sakisaka went to Haseo so Tabby can't have been left with Gord]
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:42 am Reply with quote
Thoughts on episode 4, spoiler[this was sorta a break from everything that has happened in the previous episodes. Not a lot of info was reveal, except for the user discovery of Hidden Forbidden Holy Grounds. Which leads me to still think Ovan is from the original version of the world since how would he be able to find these places if no new they had existed. More food for thought] Also the whole deal with Tabbyspoiler[ being PK'ed was kinda strange and overdone it felt forced like she was really dead. I think that is part of the problem with this anime, you feel like it is a game, whereas Sign did a good job of making sure you didn't remember that.] I want to see how they move on from this point, episode 5 should be interesting, if it isn't that a bad sign.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:57 pm Reply with quote
fair enough, spoiler[how do you lot feel about the item that Ova gave to Haseo? A crystal which seems to feature in the opening. I can't think of anything at the moment, but I feel like it's kinda at the core of the main story or something... ]
any ideas?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quote
The item spoiler[reminds me a lot of the cores from the video game. The cores are used to access restricted area that were sealed. But I do agree I think that the item in question is pivotal to Haseo and his ability to become stronger or accept his duty in the Twilight, as a PKK. ]
Should be interesting nonetheless.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Alright I finally got around to seeing episode 5 things are really getting juicy........spoiler through 5 spoiler[just as I suspected virus cores, in-depth there must be a bracelet that allows the twilight brigade to access these virus cores. I believe that is what was meant when an item that can't not be used. Interesting part how only the cores can be found in old version of world levels. Something that bother me, Virus cores were uptain (at least in the Game) by draining a monster, and recieving it core essence. The bigger the monster the bigger the core. Anyways maybe Ovan magic arm has something to do with it, perhaps his arm can unlock the cores.] Interesting episode nonetheless, but as long as the details keep coming I'll keep watching.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Pinstrike

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:50 am Reply with quote
Does this one take place anywhere after the orignal .Hack//Sign?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:33 am Reply with quote
Yes Sign is the prequel to the videogame series (Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, and Quartain(yikes spelling on that)) and this new series is the begining of a new world Version 2. The old 'World' was lost in a fire at the CC building HQ. In accordance with time it suppose to be 7 years after the videogames. I am not sure what the time is in between SIGN and the games.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
KuzuryuuTakumi

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:03 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure, but I believe that there was a gap of around half a year between SIGN and the games. But then, like I said, I'm not sure Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Now, ep 5 spoiler[Interesting, very interesting. Deltakiral was right, they are virus cores, which more and more players seem to be finding - only to be unable to use them. Since this is the World R:2, there must be a different method to obtain virus cores from R:1, especially if ordinary players are getting a hold of them.
The Twilight Brigade thinks that you just find them lying around in Lost Grounds, but somehow I'm not convinced of that, especially if TaN are giving them a hard time about it.]

Deltakiral wrote:
spoiler[Anyways maybe Ovan magic arm has something to do with it, perhaps his arm can unlock the cores.]

spoiler[Hmm... I thought it was the other way around; the virus cores unlock Ovans magic arm.
As for Nobuo, why do I get a nagging suspicion that he was involved in the original Twilight? (if not Kite, then someone else). I only base this on his knowledge of virus cores and his costume's appearance (he has a similar hat to kite, and the same logo is on his shoulders).
Well, I'm looking forward to ep 6, damn, what a preview...
I have no theories for the falling comet type thing that appeared Rolling Eyes ]
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Alright haven't been able to post for a couple of days and I think it about time to get back to hacking. Spoiler go through episode 8 spoiler[Finally! Damn it finally seems like the show is moving forward after a stalemate dealing with the betrayal of Haseo. But what I enjoy most about this episode was the preview for next time. It looks like Ovan might actually do something, instead of standing around looking like BA. Back to the Virus cores, it appears that they will open some sort of new world or something that will allow the Twilight Brigade to try to find the Key. More then anything I want to see how that Twin Blade in purple plays into all of this (Name escape me right now.)] Still my favorite show to watch this season but I can't wait to see how the action will unfold.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6