• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Case Closed, Suitcase Open

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lyrai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Nice article title.

What is Detective Conan up to in Japan, anyway? 500?
RezSav

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:27 pm Reply with quote
rofl, I just got it... It wasn't that good. I hope he enjoys his vacation Very Happy
minakichan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:26 pm Reply with quote
About 563, I believe.

Poor Gosho needs a break Anime smile though honestly, I think he's going to get a long one pretty soon, with Conan starting to wind down just a bit...

He needs to finally end Conan and go back to finish Magic Kaitou! Anime hyper
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I got Conan at about 435 episodes of anime. Of all the people that deserves a vacation, it's these people.

The person who wrote this article probably had more fun than (s)he should have, although I personally regarded an open suitcase to be a BAD thing while travelling. Very Happy Although I guess this suitcase could be in the state of being packed.
Jadress

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote
That article title was so "tricky," I just peed a little.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:53 am Reply with quote
Everybody needs a vacation once in a while, but there's gotta come some point when we see some progress with Conan turning back into Shinichi. I bet you the tankoubon are filling up his bookshelves.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:19 am Reply with quote
Heh, I liked the article title too.

fighterholic wrote:
There's gotta come some point when we see some progress with Conan turning back into Shinichi.

I know. I just hope it's not going to be one of those cheesy endings where it just ends with Conan continuing his quest to return to Shinichi.

On a semi-side note; with 500ish episodes, has time been passing for Conan? Has a year(s) actually passed or is it more like time is mostly frozen while the seasons pass?
Kaitou KID

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote
In the anime, Valentine's Day has passed at least twice, and Shinichi celebrated his birthday at least once too, so 'bout one year passed.

But no, there's no real passage of time, and Conan is still in the same grade at school ~_~
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:56 am Reply with quote
Kaitou KID wrote:
In the anime, Valentine's Day has passed at least twice, and Shinichi celebrated his birthday at least once too, so 'bout one year passed.

But no, there's no real passage of time, and Conan is still in the same grade at school ~_~

What'd they do? Hold him back? So he's still an 8 year old, after about 8 years in the press and media.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I think it's like on The Simpsons: time passes, but doesn't progress. Bart's had his tenth birthday at least three times now, Lisa's graduated second grade about 12 times, they've celebrated six Christmases, but no one ever ages or goes up a grade. Conan is no doubt stuck in the same horrible time loop, and only Bill Murray can save him.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:52 am Reply with quote
Oh, I don't know, Bill Murray had enough trouble getting out of one day, I don't think he would even know where to start getting out of a whole year. Wink

I had a feeling it was probably the classic time loop. In the beginning, it seemed as if it'd have a timeline, but once it become apparent that Conan was around to stay and returning to Shinichi wasn't really the main focus, the timeline just got thrown out the window. Sometimes I wonder what this series would be like if returning to Shinichi was the main focus and it was a set number of episodes, like 26 or even maybe 52.
Shuichi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:31 am Reply with quote
Gosho said that his "2-months vaction" is a rumor. Gosho Aoyama is only in Germany for a few days.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote
Shuichi wrote:
Gosho said that his "2-months vaction" is a rumor. Gosho Aoyama is only in Germany for a few days.

Please don't revive threads over a month old. It's obvious with so little replies, that no one cared much for the topic anyway. Thanks.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1