• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Fall Releases

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ginrai1984

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:40 pm Reply with quote
damn to be honest i don't like the way that viz handles the jojo bizarre adventures releases it's gonna take before we hit the gio gio arc!
Cheesemon

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote
"Be With You" is an AWESOME movie and tv series, and I'm looking forward to reading Viz's book translation. Not sure about the American adaptation, but if I succeeds, look for Hollywood to jump on the jun-ai bandwagon like Japan has.
domino

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Yay, more Viz manga to blow my wallet on. I wish they'd do monthly releases for their 20+ volume manga (both of the Viz manga I collect are 20+ volume series). Waiting 4+ years to complete a series on bi-monthly installments is depressing.

However, I'm still waiting for manga they SAID would be out in January but mysteriously was never released. Does anyone know what happened to their Kiniro no Corda license? Oh well... I was hoping to see Kiniro no Corda, Bobobo, or Gintama on the list, but it looks like there are no surprises.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:04 am Reply with quote
What's "Be with You" about? It looks interesting.
Cheesemon

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:58 am Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
What's "Be with You" about? It looks interesting.

It's a romance movie about a deceased wife returns to her husband and son during the rainy season. But when the rainy season ends . . Anime cry

More info + English trailer here: http://www.tbs.co.jp/movie/english/bewithyou/index.html

Quote:
Oh well... I was hoping to see Kiniro no Corda, Bobobo, or Gintama on the list, but it looks like there are no surprises.

Yeah, what is up with Bobobo? No more manga releases, no DVD releases . . the one anime I would invest a lot of money in and there's nothing out there to buy in the Western world!
wanirose

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:02 am Reply with quote
Domino wrote:

Quote:
Yay, more Viz manga to blow my wallet on. I wish they'd do monthly releases for their 20+ volume manga (both of the Viz manga I collect are 20+ volume series). Waiting 4+ years to complete a series on bi-monthly installments is depressing.

I have to agree with you, waiting for a couple of years to get a complete series can become quite irrating. I think that they should only be a month. Waiting two or three months for the next book can sometimes turn a reader off; if they think the series is okay to begin with, but have to wait two or three months for the next volume, they might forget it and spend their money on something else.

Also, I am very excited for Hana Kimi to come out, because that is my favorite Viz title ever!!! (Well, from what I have read).

[OT] Yay!! 100 posts~
domino

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:17 pm Reply with quote
wanirose wrote:
Domino wrote:

Quote:

I have to agree with you, waiting for a couple of years to get a complete series can become quite irrating. I think that they should only be a month. Waiting two or three months for the next book can sometimes turn a reader off; if they think the series is okay to begin with, but have to wait two or three months for the next volume, they might forget it and spend their money on something else.

Also, I am very excited for Hana Kimi to come out, because that is my favorite Viz title ever!!! (Well, from what I have read).

[OT] Yay!! 100 posts~

Yeah, I collect HanaKimi and Basara... both are 20+ volumes. In Japan you have to wait a long time for volumes, but at least they get brand new chapters in magazines to fill in the gaps between volumes. Every time a new volume comes out, I don't remember what happened last time, so it makes it difficult to read.

Basara is 27 volumes... and I've been collecting it since it came out, so by the time I get the final volume I will have to have waited 4 and a half years (plus time for delayed volumes) for the whole story. *sob*

It's okay to draw out shorter series by making them bi-monthly (makes the series "last longer"), but for these reaaaally long series, bi-monthly manga are painful...
wanirose

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:29 am Reply with quote
Domino wrote:

Quote:
Every time a new volume comes out, I don't remember what happened last time, so it makes it difficult to read.

That happens to me with a lot of series. Recently I had to re-read W Juliet so I could remember what is happening. But with a good story like Hana Kimi, I usually end up re-reading the latest volume over and over again until I can't stand it. But with all my manga, I usually end up just reading the series over again again because a lot of them are really good, and I just enjoy it. Right now I am reading Marmalade Boy, which I think is a fun one to read.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1