• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Unspecified Gundam AGE Project Green-Lit

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote
So instead of working on the gundam: the origin anime thats a guarenteed success sunrise is (probably) working on another gundam age anime thats a guarenteed failure....fu** you sunrise (if its manga related then thats fine)
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote
Alternate universe were Asemu and Zeheart declare their love for each other and get married.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:45 am Reply with quote
Well, uhh...I think it's pretty clear it's not like this is happening instead of Gundam The Origin.

I'm curious to see what comes out of this, though. The second generation was arguably the best of the bunch, but even then it wasn't that great. Perhaps without having to work within the framework of the series, something interesting will emerge (there were spurts of great writing here and there in the show, which kind of adds to my impression that they struggled with the plot rails they had to work on...)

But yes, I am all for seeing more Zeheart from back when he was t-totally hot and d-dreamy. :d
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
sunrise has 9 studios and they release stuff like this Anime dazed
Farmer of Rage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
Seeing how this will be focusing on the second arc (the only one I actually enjoyed), I'm actually sort of looking forward to this, though not as much as I'm still anticipating The Origin or the final episodes of Unicorn.
And, hey, it could be worse, at least Sunrise isn't focusing their efforts on remaking Destiny or any- oh, wait...
Panon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:28 am Reply with quote
Enjoyed the series so I'm happy to see any kind of continuation/spinoff.

opn wrote:
So instead of working on the gundam: the origin anime thats a guarenteed success sunrise is (probably) working on another gundam age anime thats a guarenteed failure....fu** you sunrise (if its manga related then thats fine)

Yeah, screw those guys for making something new instead of retelling 0079 for the fifth time!
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:59 am Reply with quote
Article wrote:
Ogawa had mused in September about a possible story focusing on the characters' days as students.

Yeah, so instead of actually filling in those extremely important details in the show itself they leave it to supplementary material. Figures.

AGE was terrible and I wish Sunrise and Bandai were making new material rather than wasting their efforts on lost causes.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:03 am Reply with quote
It's gonna be another couple of years until the next Gundam series anyways. Nothing wrong with using stuff like this to pass the time.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:04 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

AGE was terrible and I wish Sunrise and Bandai were making new material rather than wasting their efforts on lost causes.

With any luck, it will go as far as that Gundam SEED Destiny movie went.
The American Average

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:19 am Reply with quote
wonder why Bandai would do this? seems really bad for business i haven't anybody say that this was the "best gundam series evar" i've heard that its okay is some areas. (I have heard its no where near as bad as Seed Destiny) so did the models sell well to warrant a new series i haven't seen to many MG of Age well there are many HG. wonder when gundam will have a whole new series and not a reboot that they have made a million times over already. *looks at the Origins* if UC time line why not f91 or i think it was called Crossbone gundam anime could be lots of fun
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:21 am Reply with quote
The American Average wrote:
(I have heard its no where near as bad as Seed Destiny)

They are bad in different ways.

Also, while Destiny is almost certainly worse, I hate AGE far, far more.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:22 am Reply with quote
Who here actually wants a new Gundam Series? Not a reboot, not a sequel. Start new and be original. I think Turn A was the last original Gundam Series. Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny all were copy and pasts of 0079 and Zeta (For the most part). 00 had a good approach but failed in season 2. And Age.. Yeah Age wasn't my cup of Tea.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:00 am Reply with quote
oh my again with PG-age indeed this said it all
http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/media/created/w1yq1m.jpg

please come back give back GS series era besides give PG-age was like fingerpoke of doom to watch.

after too much time-skip, lack of characters timing, etc more of this we're so not ok on it.
joshjoshlol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 am Reply with quote
Why. WHY. AGE is probably one of the saddest moments in modern Gundam history, with lackluster kit sales almost immediately bubbling to a head, general disinterest from the youth demographics, and no worthwhile buzz throughout its entire airing. Even (the unfortunately shafted) Gundam X received a better fairing in terms of fan appreciation and kit sales than AGE. It was a bad experiment, and one that shouldn't be repeated, regardless of media type used.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote
And to think L5 could be concentrating on LXB or something more worthy of their time. Sigh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3