Forum - View topic
New videos

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Most of the matches I've seen have been from YouTube. An online friend of mine is a professional Joshi Puro wrestler, and she links me to a lot of them.
lielie112

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Well i buy my puro from ivpvideos but yea if you want to check some matches out youtube is a great place.
heres some good channels:
http://www.youtube.com/​user/​MrJshibata/​videos?​view=​0

http://www.youtube.com/​user/​BiggestJapan/​videos?​view=​0

http://www.youtube.com/​user/​DoubleMiz/​videos?​view=​0
Night Parade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I have to disagree with the wrestling as a whole, keep that stuff off the channel if at all possible. I don't think it will fly too well with most anime people, which is what the channel is for.

Please no j-pop. k-pop stuff that one commercial with the big event in new york is enough to make me wanna rip my hair out of my head. Rap/hip hop doesn't fit into anime culture either...

Music we need more of is groups like Scandal, Boom Boom Satellites, aka more rock type stuff.

I would love it if you guys could stop with the Bleach movie hell...whatever, Lagrange sneak preview, Tiger & Bunny Sneak preview and all the Vampire Knight commercials.

I would however like to see more behind the scenes of other anime. Or just voice actor clips in general other than Vampire Knight, please just no more of that.

If anything just switch up the commercials more.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Night Parade wrote:

Please no j-pop. k-pop stuff that one commercial with the big event in new york is enough to make me wanna rip my hair out of my head. Rap/hip hop doesn't fit into anime culture either...

Music we need more of is groups like Scandal, Boom Boom Satellites, aka more rock type stuff.

Who are you to determine that? I don't like J/k-pop either, but plenty of other anime fans do.

Rap/hip hop doesnt fit into "anime culture"? Oh really? Guess Im not a real anime fan then, since I go to hip hop music festivals and shows like I do anime conventions/events. Yeah, I know that one rap song doesnt fit on neon alley, but saying "Rap/hip hop doesn't fit into anime culture either... " is elitist bullshit. I know plenty of hip hoppers (such as myself) that like anime

As for rock, sure I agree. We should have more a variety. It shouldnt be just J-pop, we should get some rocck, hip hop, punk, electronic, etc in there too. But it shouldnt just be one type of music, there should be plenty, even J-Pop cause that has a heavy presence in a lot of anime
Night Parade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I have to wonder how many dub watchers actually listen to J-pop? Within that many how many watch NA as a whole?
J-pop is already overly saturated into the anime scene as a whole, do you think we need more of it?

I never said anything about fans listening to hip/hop/rap. I was saying it doesn't fit into anime culture itself, that is very little if any anime/manga that i know of personally at least has anything to do with hip/hop/rap. If someone listens to it thats fine.

Now i was just using Rock as an example.
I don't really mind what gets played for the most part, just no more lagrange sneak peaks, akon k-pop crap, Vampire Knight voice actor nonsense. Its not that they're bad or anything its just they had a tendency to get over played.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2